How do get all you cals in???

Options
Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to get all of my calories and exercise calories in. I am alloted 1400(usually do about 1200-1300) and then I usually burn 500-600 cals/day in workout. I am having a hard time eating that much in a day and keeping it healthy!! Need ideas for snacks and meal sides. I have stopped loosing weight and my trainer said it's because I'm not eating enough! And think I gained because I eat too much...

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    A handful of nuts can increase your calorie intake, and have good sources of fiber, fat, and protein, great for workouts.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my food diary for meal ideas. I usually have trouble staying under my calorie limit, even with exercise. I like to think I eat healthy, tasty meals. Stir fry tonight, cheeseburger wraps last night, yum yum!
  • castellana
    castellana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Most of my clients say the same thing! Number One Issue: we all thought that eating less = losing weight. Now we know better. I have lost over 21 pounds in one year, and went from 23% fat to 9% fat eating very well, very often.

Feel free to check my food diary. It is open to anyone who wants to take a look.

I love grains, fish, chicken and turkey. Lots of veggies, lots of fruit. Lots of low-sugar yogurt with cranberries and grains added to it. Sooooooooooo good.

Maria
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I would have an issue staying under that... I love eating. :laugh:

lula has a great idea there with the nuts, good for you and high cal. Peanut butter, or milk are good too.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Have you eaten today, Breezy? There is nothing logged in your food diary.

EDIT:
    I looked back through your week. I think if your breakfasts look light. I'd try to add those calories there. You seem to be eating pretty reasonably sized, "regular" meals and snacks otherwise. Maybe add some cheese or yogurt in the mornings?
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I have eaten...but with 10kids under foot not logged yet.

The only nuts that I can eat are peanuts, are these still good? You always hear about almonds being good.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Most of my clients say the same thing! Number One Issue: we all thought that eating less = losing weight. Now we know better. I have lost over 21 pounds in one year, and went from 23% fat to 9% fat eating very well, very often.

Feel free to check my food diary. It is open to anyone who wants to take a look.

I love grains, fish, chicken and turkey. Lots of veggies, lots of fruit. Lots of low-sugar yogurt with cranberries and grains added to it. Sooooooooooo good.

Maria

did you say you're at 9% body fat? Um, that's not good. 10% to 12% is the minimum requirement for essential fats for a female. Or are you talking about your daily fat intake, which, 9% is still lower than the minimum daily recommendation by about 4%.

Normally I don't comment on other people's stats unless asked, but if someone puts it out there, I'm not going to not respond at least.
  • amyrun77
    Options
    Breezy...I'm having the same problem. I just started this a couple of days ago on the 1st and am still trying to figure out what I'm doing and trying to find healthier alternatives to the food I usually eat. I have been trying some new things and yesterday was the first whole day I planned my meals, but even with snacks I was not able to meet my calorie requirements. I still have almost 400 calories left today and it's 9:30 PM. I'm just not that hungry. What I have been eating for lunch and dinner has been making me full and satisfied. I know I need to work on my breakfast, but I've never been much of a breakfast person and it's going to take some work. If anybody has any suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.
  • ZestofFourLemons
    Options
    I've been eating about 1000 calories a day. I just can't eat more food. Hahaha.
  • gipsiwriter
    gipsiwriter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've recently started trying something different. I eat a small meal every 4 hours. Dividing my daily by the number of meals required during my waking time. (Yeah, read another book, but the premise behind it seems solid and I'm much more satisfied than the meals and snacks way I've always done it. The snacks always left me jonesing for my next REAL meal lol) Currently I'm eating about 300 (try to stay below a max of 400) calories every four hours, 50-60% carbs, 25-30% lean protein, and 15-20% fat. I also tend to choose the higher fiber choices on the lower end of the glycemic index. I generally find it much easier to get my calories in this way. Because I generally rise and shine early, I eat at approximately 6am, 10am, 2pm, and 6pm. (Dont look at todays list, im sick and well... lol, lets just say I was a big baby today, and more than a bit nauseated.)
  • breezy81
    Options
    I've recently started trying something different. I eat a small meal every 4 hours. Dividing my daily by the number of meals required during my waking time. (Yeah, read another book, but the premise behind it seems solid and I'm much more satisfied than the meals and snacks way I've always done it. The snacks always left me jonesing for my next REAL meal lol) Currently I'm eating about 300 (try to stay below a max of 400) calories every four hours, 50-60% carbs, 25-30% lean protein, and 15-20% fat. I also tend to choose the higher fiber choices on the lower end of the glycemic index. I generally find it much easier to get my calories in this way. Because I generally rise and shine early, I eat at approximately 6am, 10am, 2pm, and 6pm. (Dont look at todays list, im sick and well... lol, lets just say I was a big baby today, and more than a bit nauseated.)

Wow, you have put a lot of work into your food!! I am seriously impressed. I simply don't have it in me to go through all that!!! I need simple, I have too many kids around to try and get the organized about how much of what! I figure I am doing good to stay in my calories and not allow more than 30% of my cals. to be fat calories!! Good luck to you!
  • breezy81
    Options
    What I have been eating for lunch and dinner has been making me full and satisfied. I know I need to work on my breakfast, but I've never been much of a breakfast person and it's going to take some work. If anybody has any suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

Thats my thing, I don't like to eat early and then I get busy...breakfast is a meal I could do with out, trying to change that though!
  • gipsiwriter
    gipsiwriter Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Wow, you have put a lot of work into your food!! I am seriously impressed. I simply don't have it in me to go through all that!!! I need simple, I have too many kids around to try and get the organized about how much of what! I figure I am doing good to stay in my calories and not allow more than 30% of my cals. to be fat calories!! Good luck to you!

ROFL, work? hehe, if you only knew. This morning I ate a jimmy dean D-light turkey sausage egg and cheese muffin... took me all of 3 minutes lol. A sweet onion teryaki sandwhich (from subway) for one afternoon meal. A container of leftovers from last night for the other, and then cook a meal in the evening, with enough leftovers for one meal tomorrow lol. Im lazy woman, but I love that you got the impression I was working so hard at it lol. Every now and then I deviate, but because I work so many hours, and have a couple of curtain climbers myself, this is working for me... of course, we'll see how much I lose. I just got started. I'll let you know.