Peanut Butter

It's my downfall. Do you eat it in moderation? Just not eat it at all right now?

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    i try moderation and then i just quit it for awhile. I love it so much that moderation hardly works for me
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Moderation. I like mine on plain rice cakes once in a while. I miss those huge PB&J sandwiches :(
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    moderation and peanut butter just don't sound right in the same sentence.
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Everything in moderation.

While losing weight I ate it. It's a good, healthy fat. It's still a staple in my diet, I probably eat a tbsp every other day plus other nuts.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Eat PB2, it's half the calories. Or if you don't go with that, at least eat something natural like Peanut Butter and Co. or Trader Joe's.

Avoid brands like Jif and Skippy.
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    moderation for sure. i cant stay away from it so i just limit myself. if i stay completely away from it, i will end up overindulging on it sooner or later.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Moderation! I eat 2 Tbs, no more, almost every day. It really helps with satiety, and, eaten with a banana, cuts my cravings for sweets, especially baked goods.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    1-2 tbls. a day for me.

0 guilt for eating peanut butter.
  • lope
    lope Posts: 53 Member
    Try switching to almond butter, it's a healthier alternative. :happy: Try almond butter with some celery. Tasty snack. Moderation in your reduction stage.
  • MER1982
    MER1982 Posts: 10
    moderation and peanut butter just don't sound right in the same sentence.
    Right? That's my issue!
  • cybercpa
    cybercpa Posts: 60
    Occasionally: When I am starving hungry at night at 2am... LOL I have a tbsp of reduced fat Peter pan crunchy for 100 cals. Then I can fall asleep.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    I LOVE peanut butter, and I eat it every day. Couldn't go without it!!!! Not and maintain my sanity anyway.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Yes, I have started measuring it out. Sometimes I measure two portions if I need to eat more at the end of the day. Peanut butter is one of my favorites and a staple in my diet.
  • Try switching to almond butter, it's a healthier alternative. :happy: Try almond butter with some celery. Tasty snack. Moderation in your reduction stage.

Damn, you beat me to it! ^^This^^

Almond butter is awesome, but you also have to have it in moderation. I'm usually about 1 tablespoon a day, in my protein shake. But I also have an ounce of almonds every day.
  • If you spread it on something warm you don't use nearly as much. You get all of the peanut butter taste but eliminate tons of calories.

I love it on english muffins in the morning.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Eat PB2, it's half the calories. Or if you don't go with that, at least eat something natural like Peanut Butter and Co. or Trader Joe's.

Avoid brands like Jif and Skippy.

PB2 for me I love it and now I can have my peanut butter and eat it too :-)
  • Love PB! I am really careful to measure the portion and I have it an hour before running on a slice of toast... yum. I also find that eating that makes me not miss sweet stuff quite so much. Not sure why, must be because it is rich.

Don't cut it out, you will regret it!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter almost everyday for breakfast on a piece of toasted wheat bread. I always get the Great Value Reduced Fat Peanut Butter and it fills me up till lunch time.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    I go to the local nutrition house and pour a batch of peanuts into the grinder and grind them....that's my peanut butter...

it's thick, it's filling..it has NO additives and it doesn't take much before I'm full...

so no...i don't eat it in moderation...i go full out in gluttony...but with natural ground peanuts...gluttony is only about 1 tablespoon of the thick tasty goodness.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Yes, I do eat it in moderation. I typically have two tablespoons. It helps keep me sated by eliminating hunger instantly.