Tuna Fillet Ideas Please

Options
Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
I have some fresh tuna fillets that I have ready to do something with. However I am not a cook by any means of the imagination. Besides Tuna Fajitas I have never cooked tuna before. So I would like some good ideas for marinades or other ideas.

Replies

• Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have some fresh tuna fillets that I have ready to do something with. However I am not a cook by any means of the imagination. Besides Tuna Fajitas I have never cooked tuna before. So I would like some good ideas for marinades or other ideas.

Zatarans blackening seasoning (add cayenne if you like it spicy!), little bit of olive oil in the pan. OMG. My favorite.
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    Salt/pepper it, sear it, and just squeeze lime juice over it!

Or..... dijon mustard with a bit of balsamic vinegar mixed in.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Green Tea Soba Noodles With Seared Tuna

Ingredients:
    4 x 125 g Tuna Steaks
    3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
    4 Tbsp Black Or White Sesame Seeds
    250 g Green Tea Soba Noodles (or just soba noodles if you cannot get green tea ones)
    1 small Courgette, diced
    4 Spring Onions Or Chives, finely chopped
    Sauce:
    4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
    3 Tbsp Soya Sauce
    2 cm Piece Root Ginger, grated
    3 Tbsp Mirin
    1 Tbsp Sugar

Yield: 4 persons

Directions:
    1) Boil the noodles in salted water until al dente. Drain. As we are not going to use the noodles straightaway, leave in a bowl of cold water.

2) Drizzle the tuna with 1 tbsp sesame oil and season. Roll in the sesame seeds until coated. Heat a non-stick frying pan to very hot. Sear the tuna on both sides. Keep warm.

3) In a saucepan, saute the courgette until soft. Then, put in ginger, mix well. Followed by lemon juice, soya sauce, mirin and sugar. Stir and mix well. Add in a bit of water if necessary.

4) Drain soba noodles and add in to the saucepan. Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well, set aside.

5) Slice the tuna and divide the noodles into 4 shallow bowls, serve slices of tuna on top. Generously drizzle the sauce over before serving.
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    Or, if you are feeling really adventurous, sear it (keep it med. rare!!!), brush it with sesame oil, then pack on some sesame seeds and slice it thin. You can serve it this way with pretty well any kind of sauce (ginger mayo, wasabi mayo, sweet chili, etc) or just enjoy sauceless!
  • unJunk
    unJunk Posts: 29
    Options

Slice it thin and lay it over some rice....No cooking necessary. Well the rice. Can you cook rice?
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    Tasty Low Calorie Tuna Melt

This is a fantastic, tasty and healthy tuna melt similar to what you would receive in a restaurant.

Minutes to Prepare: 10
    Minutes to Cook: 5
    Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients

1 dash fresh ground black pepper
    1 oz lemon juice
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    1 slice cheese (Veggie Slices or fat free cheese)
    2 slices rye bread or multigrain bread
    1 tsp yellow mustard
    1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
    1 can StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in water(5 oz)
    1 dash celery salt
    1/4 tsp dill weed
    5 sprays butter spray (on each piece of bread)

Directions

Drain water from tuna

Combine celery, onion, mustard, lemon juice, pepper, celery salt, dill and tuna in a mixing bowl. Mix together well.

Spray one side of each slice of bread with butter spray and lightly toast bread.

Scoop tuna mixture onto toasted bread (non buttered side)

Place slice of cheese on tuna mixture, close up and enjoy !

I find if you chill the tuna mixture for a bit before you make the sandwich it thickens up the mixture and adds a cool crispiness to the sandwich.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I can cook, just not in love with cooking. I cook everyday lol.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    my new fav....cut tuna into 1-2 inch chucks and marinate in teriyaki sauce for 20 minutes. Then wrap the chucks in fresh bacon and secure with a toothpick (or two)....grill until the bacon is cooked. They are delish!!
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Really simple marinade and broil to your likeness on doneness--I like med rare for Tuna.
    2TBS splenda
    1TBSP soy sauce
    1/8 tsp molasses
    1TBSP rice vinegar

Maybe some parsely on it when done.