"I wish I was a little bit taller..."

Options
That song describes my current feelings, at least the first part of the chorus ;)

Seriously, I'm 5'2, 150 lbs. currently, and my goal is 140-135lbs. I'm a midget & I just can't help imagine what I would look like if I was 5'9! I guess I am torturing myself, especially b/c I was just glancing at the photos from the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in N.Y., BUT I wish I was taller!!!

Anyone else vertically challenged, that can sympathize?

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head! :laugh:

It looks like you've already done a great job losing weight, despite the vertical challenge to help thin you out. I'm 5'7 and being tall definitely helps me to not appear so heavy. God made you just the way you are for a reason, embrace it. Aside from the thinning out feature of being tall, I've often wished I was all cute and little and petite at times. Just so you know, the grass isn't always greener.....:flowerforyou:
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    I am also 5'2" and wish I was taller too. I will always have short stubby legs, but there are other things I would change before I would change my height.
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    That song describes my current feelings, at least the first part of the chorus ;)

Seriously, I'm 5'2, 150 lbs. currently, and my goal is 140-135lbs. I'm a midget & I just can't help imagine what I would look like if I was 5'9! I guess I am torturing myself, especially b/c I was just glancing at the photos from the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in N.Y., BUT I wish I was taller!!!

Anyone else vertically challenged, that can sympathize?

I am! oooiknow-1.gif

But I love it!

edit to add-I'm 5'0
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I am right there with you! I would be so much thinner if I only had a few more inches of height on me. So many things would be easier if I were taller, but what are ya gonna do?
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    lol... we'll Im 5'1 and I think it would be soo much eaiser if I could just be a little taller. Then I would probally be right on goal give or take a few pounds. :0)
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head! :laugh:

It looks like you've already done a great job losing weight, despite the vertical challenge to help thin you out. I'm 5'7 and being tall definitely helps me to not appear so heavy. God made you just the way you are for a reason, embrace it. Aside from the thinning out feature of being tall, I've often wished I was all cute and little and petite at times. Just so you know, the grass isn't always greener.....:flowerforyou:

Co-sign!

I like the fact that being my height 5'8" thins me out, but it is extremely annoying to be in the middle range. You know, too short for tall length pants without giant heels or too tall for average length unless I'm in flats.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    When I watch the Victoria Secret fashion show I always try to imagine that they are all really horrible, mean, dumb people to try to make myself feel better :laugh:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Im even shorter than you at just under 5'0. i don't really wanna be taller, i just wanna get this extra weight off. Short girls are cute, so rock it out :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    I would LOVE to be 5'10!!! I'm 6'3 and all the pants are about 4 inches too short...I have to buy them online for like 50-70 bucks! But being "short" you get to be the petite girl, you get the REALLY cute shoes that just look AWFUL in a size 11, and you get the outfits too! So I'm jealous of you "shorties" !!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Haha! Believe it or not, we've got that on our Ipod. Don't listen to it that often... but, memories. *sigh*

I'm with ya on the height thing. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have longer legs and if maybe that would help me run faster. My short legs can only go so fast. Or maybe it's just me... hehe.

But, I kinda like being short. It makes me different.
  • judithwelch
    judithwelch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 4'9". Somtimes I think the universe has a sense of humor. My twin sister is 5'7". Really don't you think the extra height could have been split down the middle....... But I am not bitter. :laugh:
  • GraceKelly
    Options
    Im even shorter than you at just under 5'0. i don't really wanna be taller, i just wanna get this extra weight off. Short girls are cute, so rock it out :tongue: :flowerforyou:
    *hi five*
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I've always thought shorter girls were so cute...I'm stuck in the middle at a boring average 5'5. Guys love tiny girls, ya know.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) You've all made me look at in from a different perspective! I will definitely try & embrace being fun-sized!!! :happy:
  • katejones79
    katejones79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1"... I also always wanted to be taller! My dream is 5'6"!!!! At this point I just invest in Great heels!!! I pray that my 3 girls grow up to be TALL and SLENDER :happy:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I love being 5'3"! I just have to get this extra weight off. I enjoy having potential partners being taller than me anyway. Nothing like a taller man to just fit perfectly in the nook when cuddling / sleeping. :tongue:
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I figured that both of my children would be long & lean, since my hubby is a foot taller than me at 6'2! My son is, but my daughter has my short stature!!!
  • GraceKelly
    Options
    I figured that both of my children would be long & lean, since my hubby is a foot taller than me at 6'2! My son is, but my daughter has my short stature!!!

Your looking great, don't sweat it!
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to be 5'10!!! I'm 6'3 and all the pants are about 4 inches too short...I have to buy them online for like 50-70 bucks! But being "short" you get to be the petite girl, you get the REALLY cute shoes that just look AWFUL in a size 11, and you get the outfits too! So I'm jealous of you "shorties" !!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

Ditto! I am 5'11" and I can NEVER find pants that are long enough. Even the tall sizes in most brands are too short! So...I always look like I am waiting for a flood.
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better... I'm 4'10 :wink: