If it moves do you stop?

Options
2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I stop. Sometimes I move but don't count on it. Oh, you're behind me and you were planning to move? Too bad, so sad. I guess you should have woken up 5 mins earlier and beat me here. I'm on time so I'm chillin.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Pre-competition... about 4 weeks out... I do everything and anything to make sure I expend no extra energy. I'm just too weak.

As a coworker says "Burn calories, not electricity!"
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't climb the escalator, but I always walk on moving sidewalks and jump off at the end (otherwise I feel like I'm going to fall).
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    If I have a bunch of bags and stuff (like at an airport) I will stop because it's difficult sometimes to lift my bags and try to walk past others. But any other time, I keep walking. But, don't worry.... even when I stop I move myself and all my junk out of the way of others.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Depends. When I went to Universal last week I walked them all on the way TO the park, but after being at the park all day I was exhausted and just rode them part of the way back to rest.

But even at that, I don't stop in-front of someone.
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I fell on a moving sidewalk thing at the airport when I was little and now even 25 years later I am terrified. I do ride them. My kids make fun of me because I stand stock still clinging to the rail all the way up. My 3 year old thinks I am hilarious. Of course the fact that I can barely walk across a flat, non-moving surface without falling on my face does not help matters. I also loathe elevators, but that is more a claustrophobia thing and again I ride in them, but only when I MUST.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Always walk up them it makes me feel all powerfull.
  • kidcole11
    kidcole11 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I move with them unless I have my kids with me. It is not safe to have little ones walking up or down on an escalator.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I get vertigo so if it is going downward, yes I stop and hold onto the rail to one side.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    I'm usually too amused with the fact that the floor is moving me to walk with it. There are just so many things I can do while the floor moves like pretend to be canoeing to *actually* walk with it. :laugh:

I also have a tendency to fall a lot on non-moving floors/stairs, so why would I subject myself to an even worse injury by trying to move on something moving?