Stalled?

Options
I got back on the Workout Wagon 6 wks ago.

Mon- Zumba and Tubro Jam Ab Jam (equals a little over an hr)
Wed- Aerobic step, squats, and exercise ball (glutes exercises) and Turbo Jam Ab Jam (equals a little over an hr)
Fri- Turbo Jam Scuplt and Turbo jam Ab Jam (again a little over an hr)

I eat between 1300 and 1400 calories per day.

The 1st week I gained 2 lbs but lost half inches every where. The 2nd - the 4th week I lost 4 lbs and saw half inches here and there. This week, I gained 2 lbs back and have not seen any movement in measurements. Yet I see a difference in my body. This is not making sense to me. The weight part does not concern me but I am trying to tone up. Is this muscle taking over?

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may need to change your workout regimen and shock your body. Try some heavy weight training and high protein diet if you truly want to build muscle.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It is very unlikely to be muscle considering you are at a deficit and not doing what would be considered strength training. You are however using your muscles and are probably undergoing some amount of neuromuscular adaptations in the muscles. In other words, your muscles have 'woken up' - when they do that the get a little larger due mainly to water weight. So what could well be happening is that the water weight is masking the 'real' weight (i.e. non-water weight). Give it a little while for everything to settle down. I would however suggest you eat more with the amount of exercise you are doing.

ETA: I agree with the above posted re making sure you get enough protein and start weight training.
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanx. :) I have added more protein to my diet since getting back on the ball. I plan on changing up my workout. I was just doing "fun" stuff to get back into the swing of things and build up some stamina.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat more and see if you get a shift.
    Could just be hormonal.

Get TDEE and eat that for 2 weeks while keeping to your workouts.