OMYGOSH!

Options
The weather man just said 10-14 inches of snow. IF you think I need more snow in my life I invite you to check out my profile and pictures. My house is nearly buried now. Every window is snow from top to bottom. I cant see out my front or back windows. I am litterally living in and igloo. Its dark in the daytime. Not a great moral booster... Say somthing positive! lol

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The weather man just said 10-14 inches of snow. IF you think I need more snow in my life I invite you to check out my profile and pictures. My house is nearly buried now. Every window is snow from top to bottom. I cant see out my front or back windows. I am litterally living in and igloo. Its dark in the daytime. Not a great moral booster... Say somthing positive! lol
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    wow...i bet you cant wait for spring...
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to shovel your roof! we'd hate to lose you to a cave in! Okay...positive! Your house is well insulated...uh, each snowflake is unique....okay here it is. Spring is coming soon!
    Hang in there!
    Cowboy
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    OMW that's crazy! wish you could share it with us down in Alabama. All we get is a little dusting here and there. Go snowshoeing for me :wink: !!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to shovel your roof! we'd hate to lose you to a cave in! Okay...positive! Your house is well insulated...uh, each snowflake is unique....okay here it is. Spring is coming soon!
    Hang in there!
    Cowboy

I'd say thats the good part about living in NE. 1st, we get enough "warm" days (if you can call 38 degrees warm) that the roofs almost never get an overwhelming amount of snow. 2nd, because we get regular snow, they pitch the roofs pretty steeply around here, A pain for 2nd story rooms, but keeps the snow from collapsing houses. The only collapsed roofs you usually see here are businesses with flat roofs.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm in Nova Scotia and we have 10-25 cm's coming today..grossss! lol
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Stupid CT, here (at least my area) got a nice snow last night and now its raining and it's all turned to icky slush! I would much rather have the real thing if it's going to be cold out!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    And I was complaining about the 5 inches we got this morning. One good thing they cancelled my Sat class woohoo I need the day off. Well, keep warm!!!

zen
  • lorelai63
    Options
    The weather forcast just change to 10-16 inches for us in Maine today. I am soooooooooooooooo not happy!
  • lorelai63
    Options
    That is my house under there! We are hiring a guy to come and dig us out after todays storm. I have no windows left. My door on the front of the house is snow from the ground to the roof. Dont worry we have two free exits in case of emergency!
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    Something positive: At least you are starting into summer with a high water table!

Please, make sure your chimney, or furnace exhaust is shoveled out to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • lorelai63
    Options
    We have a metal roof. The snow continues to slide from the roof helping to cover my house. Thanks for the consern, just another reason that I love the MFP site!