keeping fit

sairakiqbal
sairakiqbal Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am 47 yrs, and weigh 47kg..... i excersice 5-6 times a week,Thrice a week light weight training and 2-3 times a week yoga.For the last six months i have noticed a loss of body tone.I eat pretty healthy,so cant seem to understand this change.Please comment and share smiliar experiences.Also guide if I can improve tone.

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    are you eating enough? Many times, if we don't eat enough, especially as we age, our body will canabalize muscle tissue in order to supplement our glucose levels.

As we age, this magnifies as our metabolism changes, and our muscles don't respond to recovery and repair as they did when we were younger.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    I would say that you body is getting used to the workouts that you are doing? What is light weight training, have you tried heavier weights? What about other Cardio exercises. Yoga is great but what else are you doing? When is the last time you changed your routines? have you switched times when you do those workouts. Muscle and body confusion is a good way to go, as your body never knows what is coming next and has to stay prepared.
This discussion has been closed.