Is there a proper way of declining people?

Options
MaryJane_8810002
MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
Good Evening Everyone!

Since I starting using the message boards back in winter I have accrued some friends. Lately I have started do decline people that send me a blank friend request (not filling in the message box). Don't get me wrong, I have in the past but its just now when I friend a complete stranger they:
1) Stop logging after a while and disappear
2) Post nothing but gossip and other junk
3) Just Collectors

I know it doesn't seem wrong but a random person with a blocked or blank profile wants you to add them. I have just declined them but I get the request again. So I started sending them a little note after I decline them:

Sorry I do not accept blank friend requests. If you do not have the time to say " hey, I saw you on the message boards would you like to be friends?" Then I do not have time to have you on my friend list. They did not like it because they sent back angry text talk:tongue:

I am not a mean person, I don't have patience and I am not trying to friend collect. I have learned to like the small amount of friends I do have. I Also like just logging my stats and getting tips from the message boards not having to read ERRMAGER talk.

Is there a something I can do when just declining people, like send a gif or should I clarify something on my home page? (I highly doubt anyone looks there, either that or they do not know how to read?

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Or is there a nicer template or something?
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Are you worried about hurting their feelings? They are some random chick/dude somewhere in the world and you will most likely NEVER meet them or talk to them. Just keep ignoring them or insult them just for fun if you want. It is not like there will be consequences. That is the problem with the net, internet tough guys have no consequences.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    :huh: i dont know! its very hard!
  • matthewsq
    matthewsq Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    not to be mean or anything but don't flatter yourself. They probably just forgot that they added you and got rejected. Then they see you again but completely forgot about the whole thing, and thought "she's nice and has something in common with me I'll add her". next time just leave the friend request alone or don't do anything about it.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I just decline and leave it at that.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    For me no msg = decline. It used to be hard but after accepting a few without n that never interacted with me it became easier. Now I have no issues.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Would be nice if there was a box to write in a message.

I'd leave it blank for the blank ones and type in something for the others.
    Then again, could always send a PM, but that didn't turn out so well last time!!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Isn't there a decline button? PMing is not the best of ideas