been down to 1200 cals for four days now and not lost any!

Options
I am wondering how long it takes to show progress! I am tracking everything and working out and still have not lost anything. it is just getting very frustrating.

Replies

• LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself every day :)

Stop worrying. Four days is nothing.

If you're working out, you're likely retaining water. Your muscles do that when stressed.

Weight loss is a long-term thing. It will not happen overnight or even in four days. If you DO lose a lot of weight in the first week, it's almost always just water (and maybe some fat, but mostly water).
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Agreed...weight loss is called a long journey for a reason. Just stick with it. It'll show itself eventually.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Weigh only once a week at the same time of the day. I weigh in first thing on Thursday mornings AFTER potty break!
  • lstsan
    lstsan Posts: 6
    Options
    Same thing is happening to me. 4 days now at 1200 to 1500 calories plus 30 mins to an hour of exercise everyday and I haven't lost any weight yet. Very frustrating but not giving up just yet
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Give it time. O_O
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Your body needs more than 4 days for something to work...give it more time. And like everyone else said, weigh yourself once a week or you'll make yourself go crazy. Good luck!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    4 days?!?! Only 4 days?! First off, this process takes time. Lots. Of. Time. I know it's really tough, but you just have to be patient. Sometimes it can take weeks of doing something until you start to see a change. Any ya know what, that is ok!

I would also recommend you try eating more calories. It's a crazy concept, but you actually have to EAT more calories (E-A-T EEEAAATTTT) in order to lose weight.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Seriously - 4 days? I can fluctuate up to 5lbs in 4 days. You need to relax and just focus on eating right and exercising - the losses will come.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You're expecting a result in 4 days? Really? :noway: I had to wait a month.

Wait.... Did I just get trolled???
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Did you gain all your weight in four days? Didn't think so.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wait.... Did I just get trolled???

I think maybe you/we did. lol
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Weird I dated a guy for a week and he didn't propose...sounds loony right? Well that goes with everything in life! Nothing happens over night your body needs to adjust give it time.Its taken me over a month to lose 8lbs but dont quit.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • PurpleAmharicCoffee
    Options
    It took me two weeks to start losing weight, but I drew confidence from the fact that I was not gaining weight.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

follow the link - calculate your calorie target - TDEE-20%, don't eat under your BMR.

Give it time! If you have been eating under BMR for a while it will take time to reset your metabolism so you CAN loose!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am going through that also. I started with 1200 calories and didn't seem to be making any progress. So I read info on finding my TDEE on here. I typed it into the search. I realized that I may have my calories set too low for my activity level. I have raised up to 1470 a day. I have not gained any weight yet. My muscles are getting more defined though. So I'm pretty sure that is why the weight loss has slowed. Don't give up, you will start seeing results!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    urge_to_kill.jpg
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    GEEZEEEEEEEEEEEE chill out! Rome wasnt built in a day, and you didnt get fat overnight... it takes LOTS of time.
  • bjenders
    Options
    Here is a suggestion and it works for me: Try to eat 1500 calories one day and 1200 the next. Keep this up for a week or two and see if you lose more that way. If you do this your body will not hold onto its fat because it doesn't think its in starvation mode. I also eat low carb on the 1200 calorie days. I got this information from Chris Powell's Carb Cycling book and it works for me. Good luck!