Coffee

Options

Replies

• Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Stevia. I also sometimes buy flavored coffees (not for first thing in the morning though) or put a splash of real vanilla extract in my coffee if I want vanilla flavor.
  • Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use silk almond milk and torani sugar free flavors! Sometimes I'll add some low-cal hot chocolate mix! DELICIOUS! :)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Vanilla soy is good if you like it sweeter. Unsweetened almond milk if you just want it "light".
  • wazzanz
    wazzanz Posts: 78
    Options
    Use to have skim latte's .... Made switch to long blacks. Save a heck of a lot of calories and started to enjoy the coffee more.
  • nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    I use mostly plain Half and Half. Sometimes a bit of Coffee-mate Italian Sweet Cream (regular or fat-free). I really really liked the Coffee-mate Natural Bliss, in any flavor, but my grocery doesn't carry it anymore.

I never add sugar/sweetener (other than what's in the Coffee-Mate).
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use french vanilla sugar free, 1 1/2 T and 1 stevia packet...cost me 45 calories but I LOVE my coffee!! Love how it gets my day going, but also calms me in the late afternoon once my kiddos come home from school. It also curbs my sweet tooth quite well. I have tried almond milk, but I need to try a different kind or something cause that has absolutely no flavor. I want a healthier option, but don't want to lack the flavor or richness of creamer.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What to put in my coffee?? I really like the International French Vanilla. Too much sugar and calories.
    My question is: What do you put in your coffee that tastes good:):):smile:

I put nothing in my coffee and it taste good to me !!!! and has 0 calories :)
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I used to like to drink coffee only with tons of cream and sugar, and now I drink it black and I love it. This happened gradually so my advice would be to switch to some milk (or if you really love the vanilla flavor some vanilla soymilk, or add vanilla extract) and add your own sugar. Measure so you know how much sugar you are using, then decrease it gradually over time until you reach a level you like. Switching from the icky artificial flavored stuff to more wholesome ingredients like real milk and sugar is a big step in the right direction by itself!
  • emmeinde
    emmeinde Posts: 22
    Options
    There are some pretty decent lower sugar flavored creamer options if you want to start with that. Slowly wean yourself off and begin to enjoy the flavor of coffee. I find that if I brew my coffee stronger than average, I get more "flavor" out of it and prefer it black. You can always keep your creamer in your coffee and have that be your treat for the day, but then you have to cut in other places. I would also recommend trying the cinnamon and milk option though. I do that to Panera coffee so I can drink it :/
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I put a dash of cinnamon in that mug...delicious...
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Real half n half. No sweetener. Started drinking iced coffee lately ... Same way
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    2 T. Heavy Whipping Cream and 1 T. Splenda over ice. Cold brewed coffee, of course.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Soy milk or almond milk. I buy the unsweetened organic variety. My coffee always tastes excellent.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    coffeemate natural bliss
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is pretty good and low cal. If I don't want it black and just need a treat, I used the unsweetened unflavored almond breeze.

What she said

I am a coffee slut. Brewed, espresso, latte. I don't like sugar in coffee..ick. Milk does not agree with me so I got sick of fighting it. Soy is OK but same cals as regular milk. Almond milk, unsweetened is pretty good. If you like a hazlenut latte then the sweetened almond milk does a good job of that.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my mustache if I've forgotten to trim it in a while. Otherwise, nothing but water and coffee grinds. If you brew it right (and you don't even need super expensive equipment), and you buy *GOOD* coffee (not Folger's, not Maxwell House, not even Starbucks. Think World Market or Gevalia or (my current favorite mass-marketed brand) Caribou or local roasters, if you have any around), you don't need anything in it.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla Stevia or English Toffee Stevia. I use real half and half two days a week. I would rather have cream every day but it's too many calories. Sometimes I use the sugar free coffemate but I try to avoid the chemicals.
  • etherealdoll
    Options
    2 packets of stevia and 1 tbsp soy milk. Delicious and sweet and creamy and 6 calories. Instead of using flavored creamer, think about getting sugar-free flavored syrup (they sell it in the coffee aisle at most grocery stores, or if you buy it online there are a billion different flavors). Zero-calorie, and you can add skim milk or soy milk instead of the full-fat cream that's in the flavored creamer.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I prefer good ol'fashioned grass fed heavy cream. Flavored stevia is nice too sometimes.
  • Bolter303
    Bolter303 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Half & Half just a couple of tablespoons. I sometimes use coconut milk, almond milk. I love the creamers but did not want the sugars.