The best homemade coffee drink!!

Options
Ok, so I love Starbucks Peppermint Mocha's but i HATE the calories in them. So I decided why not put a peppermint in the bottom of my mug add my non fat creamer and coffee!?!?! The result, an amazing coffee treat! Taste really close to the fat loaded beverage from SB. :drinker:

Replies

• angievan26
    Options
    was it a peppermint hard candy?
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, sorry. :blushing: LOL. It is really good. Adds a lot of flavor.
  • angievan26
    Options
    It is ok.. I was just curious so that I could make it :)
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It is ok.. I was just curious so that I could make it :)
    No, its more like just a mint! Just buy those peppermint hard candys, lol, you know theres the red and white twirly ones, or the green and white ones.

And thanks for the tip! I love minty things!
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It's Christmas -- use candy cane!! I crush them and then put them in the bottom - they melt better... YUM!:happy:
  • mshay05
    Options
    Oh, thats a good idea too!! Thanks!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I love Starbucks Peppermint Mocha's but i HATE the calories in them. So I decided why not put a peppermint in the bottom of my mug add my non fat creamer and coffee!?!?! The result, an amazing coffee treat! Taste really close to the fat loaded beverage from SB. :drinker:

What non fat creamer do you use? Do you add sugar?
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you want to cut down on the sugar or cal from the peppermint candy, try a drop of peppermint extract. I get it in the baking aisle aka the dangerous aisle. lol It works well! But a little bit goes a long way!
  • mshay05
    Options

What non fat creamer do you use? Do you add sugar?

I just buy this generic creamer i find at the local grocery store. I don't need to add any sugar because the peppermint is sweet enough. For me at least. :wink:
  • mshay05
    Options
    If you want to cut down on the sugar or cal from the peppermint candy, try a drop of peppermint extract. I get it in the baking aisle aka the dangerous aisle. lol It works well! But a little bit goes a long way!

That is a good idea, i didn't think about that! Thanks.