Question for Ladies

Options
This is a female related topic..

Has anyone found that after they have lost weight there TOM has stopped??? is this normal??

Does it come back after some time?

?

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Losing too much weight too quickly, or not eating enough will do this...so be sure you watch your calories and exercize!
  • sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    after some 30 odd # loss mine TOM returned after more than 6 months absence, &*%^
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    When I first started this back in June, mine got very screwed up- I think I went a good 2 months without one. I haven't really been paying that much attention lately, so I don't know if it's back on track or not. It is fairly common though- even when you lose weight slowly and healthily. Fat has an effect on estrogen, so shifts in the amount of fat are bound to affect your estrogen levels and your period.

If it's worrisome for you, mention it to your doctor.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Wish mine would disappear :grumble:
  • lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    yeaah this is the 4th month ive missed it. i didnt lose the weight too fast though so for me im thinking its what im eating. ive actually noticed it stopped when i was working out way too hard and stopped eating red meat so ive cut back on the exercise and am eating some meat every once in awhile i hope it comes back even though its a pain.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sounds very good, but if other people had similar experiences I guess it's not too uncommon
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I havn't lost a huge amount, 4kilos (i think 8pounds) over 9months. So its a slow steady loss and I was exercising alot. But I have stopped exercising alot.. mainly because Ive been a bit slack (naughty naughty ! I will get back into it!!!). I even changed my goals so I increased my daily calorie allowance.

i just don't want to have to gain weight again just so I can get my TOM!!! that doesn't seem right!!!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I havn't lost a huge amount, 4kilos (i think 8pounds) over 9months. So its a slow steady loss and I was exercising alot. But I have stopped exercising alot.. mainly because Ive been a bit slack (naughty naughty ! I will get back into it!!!). I even changed my goals so I increased my daily calorie allowance.

i just don't want to have to gain weight again just so I can get my TOM!!! that doesn't seem right!!!

Don't worry it will return!!!!! I went months without mine, It returned last month!!!!! Your body just has to get use to everything that you are changing.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    If you exercise a lot it can stop most women athletes do not have one.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this problem but know that a friend of mine...her TOM was absolutely horrible. She'd cramp and it was heavy...now that she has lost weight it is a lot more manageable. She doesn't cramp up as much or as bad and its somewhat lighter.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    man i wish mine would stop!
  • ginnymac16
    Options
    I have heard that after you get below a certain body fat percentage that you'll not get it anymore....I'd be up for that. No more baby makin' for me anyways. :-P