Yoga pants, why?

Options
RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
Why do they have a fold over flap at the top? Google didn't seem to explain well....
I don't do yoga, but I wear the pants and I just need to know....

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i have no idea.....good question
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Its so you can make em as looow rise as you want for whatever height you are.

^^^complete guess but I think thats about right
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to fold that over? No wonder those kids were pointing and laughing.. :D
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Hehe I don't know.

I keep it normal. <3 LuLuLemon yoga pants :)
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options
    You're supposed to fold that over? No wonder those kids were pointing and laughing.. :D

haha thats funny!!! I LOOOVEEE YOGA PANTS!!! <3
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I always assumed it was just because the flap cuts your butt in half, making it appear perkier and smaller. I don't think it has anything to do with the yoga itself, it's just a way to make stretchy, comfy pants more flattering. That's my take on it, anyway.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    LuLulemon is the way to go!

I have a few pairs of yoga pants however that do the "flap over" and I always find myself adjusting it becasue after wearing them for about 5 mins they get too stretched out and saggy lol
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE my yoga pants, but I have a love/hate relationship with that flap! On the one hand, it makes my stomach look flatter, sucks me in a bit, and hits my butt at the exact right spot to make it look perky. On the other hand, when I wear them to actually work out in, that dumb flap likes to roll down so I'm always readjusting them. I suppose when I lose more of my tummy chub this might not be a problem.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    its just so you can adjust them however you want. A lot of yoga pants dont have this. I personally dont like it when they do...
    it creates a weird crease line you can see.
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    its just so you can adjust them however you want. A lot of yoga pants dont have this. I personally dont like it when they do...
    it creates a weird crease line you can see.

Yup! I hate that stupid crease and always end up wearing baggy t-shirts with my yoga pants so I don't have a weird outline haha. Yoga pants themselves however..I could live in 'em.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I assume it's because yoga pants don't have a waistband as such - therefore the foldover bit acts as a waist band.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You can get ones that don't fold over. The fold over ones are just to be pretty, no real reason.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my yoga pants, wear them almost everyday.
    I fold that part down.
    :grumble: Scr#$ jeans!
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Whatever the fold is for is irrelevant... ladies, just continue to wear those tight sexxy pants... please and thank you :tongue:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Always wondered :)
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wearing mine at work today!!!! LOVE THEM!!!
  • MonkRocker
    MonkRocker Posts: 198
    Options
    Whatever the fold is for is irrelevant... ladies, just continue to wear those tight sexxy pants... please and thank you :tongue:

This right here.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wish they would sew that flap in place, so it won't move. I love the look, but I'm constantly having to adjust the band when I wear them.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I was told at a hot yoga class that it was for adjustment based on your own body, long torso or short, big but, chubby tummy etc so you chould chose what rise of pant you wanted for your workout. As well as the flap acts as a double layered waistband, which is suposed to help them stay up in some of the more difficult positions.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was to help smooth out and shape the difficult tummy area!