Greetings!

Options
Hi! New here. This site looks encouraging. I hope I can stick with it. :)

Replies

• gipsiwriter
    gipsiwriter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome Julee. Im new too! We can do it! lol
  • kim_38
    Options
    I'm a newbie too.....looking forward to learning more about the site. Looks like there are a lot of motivational tools available and lots of great people to help you out with support.
  • lisahabbe
    lisahabbe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ladies I am new as well or a couple months new anyway. My trainer had us all sign up here so she can see our food every week. This is a great great sight once you start tracking your food its amazing what you'll see. Good Luck to everyone! I will enjoy keeping up with everybodies results and helping any way I can. I wanted to be in the best shape of my life by age 40. That birthday came in October and I made it! I am 40 years old have 3 sons ages 21, 16 and 8 and stomach muscles I didn't even know existed. will be keeping my fingers crossed for everyone even myself!
  • julee2010
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! I need a lot of motivation on the outside. On the inside/my brain, I'm thinking about health all the time. I have gotten in the habit of putting myself last on the list as far as exercise goes. I decided to just bite the bullet and go to the darn gym after work every day. It's my 4:00 or 4:30 appointment for ME. My 9 year old is supportive because he knows that exercise will help his mom with her stress! ( I work in a K-5 school and deal with students and parents with complex needs...very stressful b/c I want to make it all better for everyone....impossible, figured that out last week..lol)

So let's all keep the faith and take it a day at a time! :o)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many newbies all at the same time! :laugh: Welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on here since September, and I love it. It's so easy and FREE! The people on here are wonderful and very helpful. Search around for some groups if you want to get some people who you can be accountable to on here. I'm a new member of the Sixers (six week challenges to push yourself) and it has been a really good motivation for me to make much better choices with my food.

Good luck!

-Alison