Clean Diet - Need MORE Veggie and Fruit ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Raw BABY leaf spinach, it's not as sharp as the big leaf version.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    have you ever tried goat milk? Often people that have problems with cow milk can use goat milk. I have 8 children who are all lactose intolerant but they can do goat milk just fine (we even tried cow milk a few months back just to see if their bodies had changed and would accept cow milk and they spent 3 days with diarrhea and vomitting...no more experiments!). Goat milk breaks down much easier than cows milk. It's just a thought.
  • nfgchick79
    nfgchick79 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Broccoli Rabe is delicious. I saute it in white cooking wine for a couple of minutes and then I throw on some hot sauce and fresh squeezed lemon. It tastes great with chicken or steak (or even pork chops). I eat that and asparagus all of the time. Here's my list of go-to veggies:
    -Broccoli Rabe
    -Asparagus
    -Tomatoes
    -Mushrooms
    -Bell Peppers
    -Onions
    -Scallions
    -Sun-dried tomatoes
    -Eggplant
    -Squash
    -Avocado
    -Cucumber (tastes great with salt and pepper or dipped in hummus)
    -Kale
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Some veggie ideas..

Bean sprouts.. I steam them with other veggies and make a big stir fry. I use the bean sprouts as a base for the stir fry sometimes instead of rice or noodles or just add in.

Bok Choy.. steamed then with a bit of garlic and vegetable oil or use in stir fry.

Leeks.. leek soup
  • dkp4469
    dkp4469 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have afew tips if you would likethem??? first take eggplant? to make eggplant parm, peel your eggplant, slice into one inch disks. dip in whisked egg whites. coat in seasoned bread crumbs, now heres the trick get a cookie sheet out or two. spray cookie sheet with some kind of spray oil put the egg plant on one at a time until filled then spray the top.bake in oven until tender. they will be nice and crispy and you saved a whole bunch of calories and fat by not frying? Then you can add what ever kind of marinara sauce or spagettie sauce, and low fat mozzerella? I make this all thetime. My son who isquite picky when he was young used tothink it was chicken parm? lol he knows now and still loves it. also, if you double the batch you can freeze ths easily, just freeze in a freezer bag in single layers without the sauce and the cheese. Caulifower you can steam and then mash like potatoes, add a bit of low fat cheese like a tablespoon or two for taste really good, also, can take summer squash, cut in half put on grill, season with whatever then just eat them delicious!! sweet potatoes I eat as lunch I microwave them you can eat the skin or not up to you, I put some brummel and brown on it . Its a mrgarine type spread made with yogurt really low in fat etc, tastes realy good can add cinnamin to the potato if you like and thts a meal. Hope this helps!!!! Oh the squash and zucchinis?? after grilling, you can toss with a bit of pasta? yum!!! Or a potato?