any healthy meal ideas?

Options
What are some of the things you guys eat throughout your day? I would greatly appreciate it if you would all share some examples of what you have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This should be common sense but there are days like today when i run out of ideas or i simply don't get hungry. I know i need to eat in order for my metabolism to work the way it should. I look forward to reading your response :bigsmile: thank you!

Replies

• EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    What are some of the things you guys eat throughout your day? I would greatly appreciate it if you would all share some examples of what you have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This should be common sense but there are days like today when i run out of ideas or i simply don't get hungry. I know i need to eat in order for my metabolism to work the way it should. I look forward to reading your response :bigsmile: thank you!

Look at your macros and just fit things in Tetris style (while playing the music in your head).
    My macros are 55c/20p/25f. So I will have a 8" banana, 1 cup (measured in grams though) brocolli, 4 oz of salmon, and depending where my fats are I will have a piece of 85% dark cocoa. Total calorie? Around 350. If that sounds like a lot, you have no idea how filling all that is! Throw in 2-4 cups of water and I'll be good for 4 hours.
  • preciouslov3
    Options
    That makes sense! Everything you mentioned sounds delicious! thank you very much for the tip.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Go look at people who have posted success stories and see if they have an open diary. Then you can tell what is working for people.
  • Aventuria
    Aventuria Posts: 151
    Options
    Brekkies:
    1-2 Wheatbix, chia seeds, dry roasted almonds, 1-2 pieces of fruit and milk.
    Porridge made of rolled oats, milk and water, almonds, 1-2 pieces of fruit
    1 piece of wholegrain bread or toast, vegemite, 1 slice of cheese, 100gr cottage cheese, 2 pieces of veggies, a few chashews
    brekkie-shake made of water/milk, soft tofu/joghurt, 2 pieces of fruit, chia seeds or almonds
    (I always try to get at least 2 portions of Veggies or 1 portion of fruit in the mornings, plus protein and carbs. And nuts for my fat intake)

Snacks:
    protein shakes (only if I don't get to my protein goal fpr the day)
    Raw Veggies and Joghurt/hummus/cottage cheese
    Fruit, Nuts
    Coffee/Milo
    A glass of milk, a hard boiled egg
    and so on

Evenings are always different for me. I usually either plan the whole day or eat for Brekky what I want and then add up the rest planned through!
  • preciouslov3
    Options
    thank you i will
  • preciouslov3
    Options
    thank you for your example! maybe planning my meals ahead of time might make things easier!