69 flights of stairs for The Lukemia & Lymphoma Foundation!

Options
Tomorrow my countdown starts - March 1st!

The Stair Climb is on March 16th & I can't wait!

I started doing these events the year my daughter was born (2003). For the past 4 years I've picked one's that she can join me in... last year we walked for MS. She was 3 and and walked 1.5 miles before snuggling into her stroller for a snack. She had a blast waving at everyone, clapping & cheering!

It's a fun thing to do with your kids. A total package. You get to spend time together, get excercise together, and set an excellent example together.

Juliet won't be doing the Stair Climb but she is helping me raise $ for Seattle Children's Hospital & we're having a blast!

Wish me luck!

Replies

• ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow my countdown starts - March 1st!

The Stair Climb is on March 16th & I can't wait!

I started doing these events the year my daughter was born (2003). For the past 4 years I've picked one's that she can join me in... last year we walked for MS. She was 3 and and walked 1.5 miles before snuggling into her stroller for a snack. She had a blast waving at everyone, clapping & cheering!

It's a fun thing to do with your kids. A total package. You get to spend time together, get excercise together, and set an excellent example together.

Juliet won't be doing the Stair Climb but she is helping me raise $ for Seattle Children's Hospital & we're having a blast!

Wish me luck!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Thats terrific. Good luck meeting 69 flights. We are all their behind you.

:flowerforyou:
  • ahertel0214
    Options
    Oops, guess I should have put this under "Motovation & Support"

Anyhow - since I'm planning on attacking the stairs and winning, I need some good music. My honey bought me an IPod but I'm terrible with music.

Terrible = I listen to the radio a lot, but when Juliet's in the car it's always Sing-A-Longs. :tongue:

So, problem being, there is a ton of music that I like but I'm awful with Title/Artist/Album.

Any suggestions for "Upbeat. Will. Make. It. To. The. Top" will be greatly appreciated. I'm a fan of anything that's not Techno.

Thanks in advance for you help!
  • cstolba
    cstolba Posts: 14
    Options
    Good luck on your quest of 69 flights of stairs ! This is a great cause - my husband and I have been involved with some events for this foundation after my husband's sister lost her battle with leukemia 8 years ago. I will have to think of some music for you - maybe I can think of something my sister-in-law loved as a way to honor her memory.

Cara
  • ahertel0214
    Options
    That is a GREAT idea!

I'll do another post - maybe someone else would like to contribute a song also!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck Adrianne.
    Juliet is lucky to have such an awesome momma... the best role model she can ever have.

~Joanna:flowerforyou: