Surrounding myself with positive people!

Hi everyone! My name's Nadia and I'm here to find positive people to surround myself with. I started my weight loss journey last year after an insanely inappropriate doctor fondled my tummy and said "Thiiiissss... has to go!"
(He's a dermatologist. I'd gone in with questions about excessive sweating).
I was beyond mortified, but it was the kick in the butt I needed to get started.
I'm still far from my target weight, but what I've learned so far is that it's hard to do it alone. Especially when the people around you are not eating healthy, or worse, make fun of you for trying.
Then I found MyFitnessPal and everyone here is on their own journey, it's great. Everyone has their own version of what got them started, and I'd love to hear it. Add me and we'll undertake this challenge together. And one day we'll look back and laugh in the face of all them *****es who made fun of us, moohahaha.

Replies

• escile6
    escile6 Posts: 59 Member
    I hope he helped you with your reason for going him in the first place!! Im adding you, its such a great support system here , when you feel like giving up, you will have us to back you up and keep on going.
  • I hope he helped you with your reason for going him in the first place!! Im adding you, its such a great support system here , when you feel like giving up, you will have us to back you up and keep on going.

lol.. he didn't exactly, but it turns out the weight loss helped :) you're right about the support system.. am so glad to have found this site.
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    I hear you. Forget all those that are laughing at you or anyone. They are just jealous or intimidated that we are trying to better our lives and have started way before them. We'll be the inspiration for them now. I'll add you! :)
  • kteigen1
    kteigen1 Posts: 5 Member
    I feel ya sweetie I really have never paid attention to my weight until both my ballet teachar and my mom said i was getting fat, it sucks hearing it because in my mind everyone dosnt want to hear it. we are rooting for you every step of the way :)