Turkey Meatloaf for those of us who don't like turkey ML!

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I have had a disasterous attempt at turkey meatloaf in the past, and I was hesitant to try it again, but I googled and found this recipe. It's pretty fabulous!

1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (red or yellow)
1/4 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup onion
1 1/2 pound ground turkey (I used .55 kg)
16 saltine crackers, finely crumbed
2 tbsp milk
2 large egg whites (I used one whole egg)
1/2 cup bottled chili sauce, divided (I used sweet chili sauce)
1-2 tbsp brown sugar (I should have left this out with the sweet chili sauce, it was sweet enough)
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp dried basil or oregano
Pepper (I missed this when I was reading the recipe...hmm)

Spray skillet with non-stick spray (I used olive oil). Cookie veggies until tender.

Combine crackers, milk, 1/2 of chili sauce and egg whites (or whole egg), mix well. Add ground turkey, veggies and seasoning and mix.

The recipe recommended baking at 350 for 30 minutes (+15 after the sauce is added), I baked at 400 in a shallow pan. You can use a shallow baking dish, a loaf pan or muffin tins.

Combine remaining chili sauce, brown sugar (or leave out if you're using sweet chili sauce or don't like sweet) and vinegar. Spoon over meatloaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.

Makes 10 servings (I'd say more like 4)

Nutritional info:

Calories: 140
Fat: 6
Saturated: 2
Chol: 54
Sodium: 312
Carbs: 8
Fiber: 1
Protein: 14

Hope I got that all right. lol I served it with brown rice w/ a bit of hot sauce and baby carrots.

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Thank You BrendaLee, for the recipe sounds like it taste great,actually well yesterday I had Meatloaf Turkey and it was good, I shall give this recipe a go in a week or two.:happy: