Need friends who are SERIOUS about changing their lives

Options
I joined MFP last year, however just to lurk and see what it was all about.
I never tried anything like this before (likely for fear of failing Im assuming.)

I started officially logging exactly 60 days ago. Since then I've lost 35lbs, however I still have a long way to go.

I need some friends who are serious about this and motivational (and of course I'll be motivating as well)
Im just not feeling the support from people .... and people have come and gone from my friend's list ...

Feel free to add me if you need that extra push on the days where you just dont feel like it! I dont want to get into a slump ... Im here to change my life longterm ...and if you are too, we should be friends! :)

Replies

• mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    wow, tough crowd
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    sent request.
  • mamabear0222
    Options
    sent request.
    thanks!! im glad to see someone reached out and didnt make me feel silly for pleading for friends.. lol :)
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I sent a request!
  • jesjosep
    jesjosep Posts: 28
    Options
    For once, I'm actually serious about something like this. I want to be happy with the way I look. But I know I can't do this on my own, I need support. So if you'd like, we can be friends, and support each other through this process. :) Congrats on losing the 35 lbs already!! :)
  • themdg
    themdg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    35 lbs is incredible. I'm always interested in what motivates us to actually make a change. It's amazing what we can justify while we're stuck in a mental mud puddle, isn't it?
  • scottishsenorita
    Options
    I've lost 75 lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    I'm not a newbie to this website either (last year too) but I just came back 08/21 and decided to take this matter seriously this time! Feel free to add me.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    you can add me i'm pretty serious....today is my day 240 on here :)
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Sent a request :)
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me...I log everyday and am here to motivate and support others as well as myself...great job on the 35 pounds..you are doing great!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    About a month ago, I wouldn't have met the criteria about being serious to change my life. Luckily I cut the crap and have started putting in the real effort to make long-lasting changes in my life, and intend to see this through to my goal. I will send you a friend request.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Feel free to add, I've been serious about my weight loss, almost 200 straight days logging
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sent a request :happy:
  • Droppinelbees
    Droppinelbees Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOL @ "Tough Crowd"... I understand your frustration. I came from Dr. Oz's Sharecare where the support was magnificent. The users were great... however, my sister bugged me to try MFP. When I did, I fell in love with the site and it's design. The food database for logging had pretty much everything I needed unlike sharecare where I was always having to input my food and it's nutritional content. I go on sharecare back and forth but my primary weightloss site is MFP and I love it. What I don't love is the shockingly huge amount of people on here who do not support and seem to only care about their days straight tracking log. I feel we all are on here for almost the same reason and to some extent have the same goals, so it hurts or rather is frustrating when you spend time on peoples page and show support but they a) don't respond back and b) never show you any support in return. I myself am dying to meet like minded people who are serious about weightloss (theres always ups and downs) but more than that, will be there for a support network as I don't feel I can turn to my own friends and families in this respect as most of them can not relate. Please, serious people, friend request me... I am human, I am a Marine, and I need support!!!! Best of luck to all on their weightloss journey. Semper Fi!
  • mamabear0222
    Options
    35 lbs is incredible. I'm always interested in what motivates us to actually make a change. It's amazing what we can justify while we're stuck in a mental mud puddle, isn't it?

Thanks!!! How very true about being stuck in a mental mud puddle. I convinced myself for years I was "happy the way I am" and just decided in my mind I'd always be overweight.

Since having kids I have realized this is far from the truth. Im very serious about this and no excuses .....60 days ago my mindset changed.

I got up early before my family and before I had to go to to work, and started walking in the park by house. While walking I made a deal with myself if I could keep this up for the entire summer at LEAST 3 days a week, I'd join a gym ...
    Well today marks my 60th day and I'll be joining a gym in Sept ...

That being said I knew I needed even MORE motivation as not to waste my money at a gym ... so also in Sept, I'm going to be weighing in every week at my doctors office. (they also have an onsite weight management program that basically just weighs you and gives you tips on nutrition and fitness) ...

Im very optimistic to be held accountable to someone face to face as well as on here!! :) I have all the tools, now I just need to do it!
  • SetMeFreeeeeeee
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today and would like to lose 75#. More on my "story" later as I am officially late for an appt :) I am starting my journey at 235 and am doing a doctor supervised ultra modified HcG program as well as a nutrionist. I look forward to meeting some buddies to share the ride. WE CAN DO THIS! Dana
  • CumbriaBeval
    CumbriaBeval Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 35 pound weight loss. That is FANTASTIC!!!!!! I also sent a request.
  • mamabear0222
    Options
    Congrats on the 35 pound weight loss. That is FANTASTIC!!!!!! I also sent a request.

thanks! we can do this!!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Request sent! I am definitely ready to make a series of changes - we can motivate each other!