Special K Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Dang it! I always get sucked in by this one. I thought you were talking about eating me... :blushing:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If you ate that little on ANYTHING you'd lose weight. It's the dumbest stupiest most idiotic diet in the world. Oh, that's right, it's not a diet, it's a marketing campaign. I almost forgot.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I get bored just reading about this diet! ::YAWN::
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    If you ate that little on ANYTHING you'd lose weight. It's the dumbest stupiest most idiotic diet in the world. Oh, that's right, it's not a diet, it's a marketing campaign. I almost forgot.

This^

Basing a diet on unhealthy, processed food is just bound to fail for most people. But yup, it's good for their bottom line to pretend that we will lose weight by eating their products! Yuck.
  • leska1216
    Options
    I love my Kellogg's Special K, Special K Almond, Rice Krispies, Raisin Bran, and Mini Wheats. I don't eat these every day but definitely do every week. Wouldn't give them up for anything, except running out of milk!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I did it in the beginning...before they had the water and protein bars and all of that. I had a tiny bowl of cereal for breakfast, a tiny bowl of cereal for lunch, and a side salad with a piece of grilled chicken for dinner. I was hungry all the time and tired and dropped 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Then I had one day where I ate food I shouldn't have and spiraled. I gained all the weight back very quickly. Definitely not even worth trying.

I'm not saying their stuff isn't good as supplements, but the special k diet as they set it up is way too low on the calories. I've had more success now being able to eat what I want in moderation. Sure it is slow going, but I know I'm setting myself up for sustainable and successful weight loss.
  • traceepics
    Options
    Special K isn't well balanced. If you track how much sugar you intake in a given day you'll see weight loss if you keep it under 30g a day. Special K is processed, full of sugar, and will trigger insulin spikes so you'll be hungrier, hence you'll eventually fail on the diet and possibly gain weight because you feel deprived.

If you want a plan just msg me. I'll need your height, weight, activity level and your goals. I don't charge anything I just want to help. I've been there. Akins, special K, low carb, low cal. You name it. It's a balance ratio and increasing real food into your diet, not boxed food. Hope that helps. Sorry I just tell is how it is. No one told me I had to research it for myself and now it all makes sense.

Good luck!