Atkins diet anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• holydina
    Options
    I lost weight on Atkins - 63 pounds about 5 years ago. Since then I have gained it all back because I started eating carbs and drinking to much wine. On my doctors advice, he recommended I read a book called the Wheat Belly. I am half way through the book and it is low carb. I am eating low carb again and have lost 6 pounds in 10 days. I know it wont come off that fast always, but its a start. As a side note, my doctor said its how he eats.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins back in 1980 - I lost 90 lbs in a year and a half. I don't think I could do it again. Carb-free is very difficult for maintain.
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm down! Add me!!!! I'm starting today!:)) I've lost 112 lbs doing a low fat/ low (ish) carb diet for the past year and exercising 5 days a week. Thrilled to report, I'm now a runner!!:)) i have only THIRTY TWO POUNDS TO GO before I reach my goal weight! I'm doing the Atkins and hope to stay through all the phases. Just really missing fruit and beer, right now... (I've been tinkering with the diet the past week so I may not do as well this week)

Anyhoo... add me! :)
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I tried atkins a long time ago. Everyone needs to do what works for them. Personally I do not believe Atkins is healthy or Sustainable. It is predicated on putting your body into "Ketosis" which is an abnormal functioning condition of your body. I believe it is really hard on your Kidneys. Let me know how you make out.
  • jleadie
    jleadie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I work 12 hr shifts and I have about 8 net carbs recorded! I am not purposely going so low, but I am deployed and we only have so many options over here. Tomorrow will one full week for me and I am down 3 lbs. I can live with that. What I cant live with was the headaches so, I have added a cup of coffee to my menu and it has helped.
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes & feel free to add me. I am doing Atkins, working out and tracking calories - goal = to bust my sugar addiction & eat clean
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    No thank you.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    No thank you.

Yeah...I'll be giving it a miss also. Good luck with whichever route you go down!
  • johnmcc215
    johnmcc215 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i'm a runner, need my carbs, good luck though.