What do you listen to that keeps you motivated?

Options
My gym has tvs we can watch or you can listen to our MP3 player.. But Im NEED some new music to work out to since I cant do tv and work out.. My ex husband is a Marine and I use to run with him and listen to him call cadences.. Im seriously thinking about downloading some cadences and working out to them...

What do you listen to that keeps your motivated?

Replies

• AutumnRose33
    Options
    I think it depends on what pace your going, but for jogging/running I used to always listen to 80's pop lol. Madonna, Bananarama, the Go Go's, that sort of thing. It has a quick tempo so it was easy to keep moving with it.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I switch between Dance/Techno and Rock music. I've been listening to Benny Benassi, Linkin Park, and System of the Down lately. Especially with SOD, I push myself just a tad harder w/o realizing it :)
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My list consists of mostly Foo Fighters & Kings of Leon sprinkled with some Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age, Coldplay and some current top 40 stuff (LOVING Feel So Close by Calvin Harris!!)
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thrice, Casting Crowns, Kutless, GNR
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I watch a Gangland marathon on Fridays.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Don't laugh.

Musicals.

Ok, you can laugh.
    But if I'm listening to the cast recording of a musical, I'm not thinking so much about the ouch.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Do you use Spotify? It's a music app for iPhone/Android. If so, I'd recommend The Ultimate NPR Workout Mix (the username is npr_music). It's a great mix, largely contemporary and dance/hip-hop but some oldies thrown in, too. It's always a treat to find out what the next song is gonna be!
  • ilikefootballz
    Options
    I stream Netflix on my phone and watch episodes of TV shows i wanted to catch up to when im walking, that seems to draw me so much into the show i forget the distance i have walked in a 25 or 45 minute time period!

When i am moving faster i listen to the "pop & Hip Hop Power Workout station" on Pandora, its fast paced and a pretty good mix or hip hop and pop songs.