Oh you arrogant a**hat...

Replies

• Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    nothing to see here folks.. she made him look stupid... move along.. move along..

these arent the droids your looking for..

I know...i was so disappointed... kicks the dirt!
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    That must have been very frustrating, I really hate when people don't own up to their own mistakes and treat you like you are the one in the wrong! I hope the key is working for you now.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    HA! Love it Bynsky :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I think you should wear that for the next drop-off.

Perhaps I should. But my poor child *LOL*

He's still young enough not to care.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    What a douche!
    Grrrrrrr
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Some people don't need to be around others.

There's a time to be humble and a time to be sure of yourself. Mix them up and you just accumulate enemies.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    I also may have said this...

405391_373740966028063_1009789847_n.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Oh, LMAO... Yes...

I dare say his little woman forgot to check his pockets and your deposit is somewhere in the lint catcher of his dryer. Not that he'd tell you that though.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,576 Member
    You should have done this after you stuck it to him

50yuyu29839.gif
  • What a piece of work. Nicely handled...I might have told him to stick the fob where the sun don't shine.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    You should have grabbed the handle to the vault in the basement and turned it!

and if it didn't open, try turning it the other way.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    You are essentially asking that he remember you out of how many other parents? He forgot. He made a mistake. Maybe he was being arrogant in tone. It's the first week of school and he is worrying about a lot of parents, a lot of staff, and a lot of kids. Maybe cut him some slack? If he continues to act like a jerk, you may have a real problem.

You get to choose how to move forward. You can let this one go and not let it bother you, or let it negatively impact your view of the principle. Doesn't have to mean you are walking around hating the guy, nor does it mean you have to be doormat if he is genuinely mistreating you. But deciding now that he's arrogant can color a relationship for years.
  • odusgolp
    You are essentially asking that he remember you out of how many other parents? He forgot. He made a mistake. Maybe he was being arrogant in tone. It's the first week of school and he is worrying about a lot of parents, a lot of staff, and a lot of kids. Maybe cut him some slack? If he continues to act like a jerk, you may have a real problem.

You get to choose how to move forward. You can let this one go and not let it bother you, or let it negatively impact your view of the principle. Doesn't have to mean you are walking around hating the guy, nor does it mean you have to be doormat if he is genuinely mistreating you. But deciding now that he's arrogant can color a relationship for years.

I didn't ask that he remember me. I introduced myself again, the third time in fact. I had no expectation of that. I do have an expectation that he treat people with some damn respect. Absolutely.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member

You make a good point, but his behavior was unbecoming of his position. He should have known better than to engage someone in that manner.

Now she doesn't have to make an arch enemy of the guy, but like it our not, how we behave moment to moment matters.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

She had the key fab in hand. That was proof that she purchased it.
  • odusgolp
    I have no intention of making him an enemy, being all overly dramatic and threaten to pull my son out of school or anything *LOL* I'm venting about his absolute lack of decency this morning. He should have opened the door and said, "Is your key fab not working? Did you happen to pay your deposit? OK, I'll look into that...."

He should not have shook his head at me like I'm a child trying to cheat on an exam, literally accused me of not paying, avoided eye contact and treated me so dismissively, etc. That speaks to his character.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    I love your response. :laugh: I wish I could think of snappy things to say on the spot. :frown:
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Well played. I would not have been so graceful, but I wasn't properly socialized. I'm sure the pat on the vault felt more like a spank on the *kitten*(and not the good kind).
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    I would have embarrased myself for sure. Good for you for acting civil.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member

He forgot - he made a mistake! He certainly did.

He forgot the difference between an adult and a child (not that he should talk to a child like that either).

Tweaking the vault gets my vote.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member

I didn't ask that he remember me. I introduced myself again, the third time in fact. I had no expectation of that. I do have an expectation that he treat people with some damn respect. Absolutely.
    You acted as if he should remember that you paid for the key fob. That was what I mean by remembering you.

I know it's a lot more fun to pile on and talk about the faults of someone that wronged us. You will get plenty of people agreeing with your a**hat determination. (and people who will judge a man's character and job performance based on one reported incident) For all I know, this guy is a huge a**hat - it sounds like he didn't treat you very well. But I figure what's the point in piling on? Unless he's here, we can't do much to change his behavior. And I know you well enough to know that you weren't hurt by this, and don't need consoling. So what's left?

I don't discount this was a mistake on his part, or that he was being a jerk to you. But he's not here on the forum. You're here posting about the incident. To me, the only productive discussion is your behavior. But I'm weird like that.

Of course you should expect to be treated with respect. Does that mean you should never see this man be tired, frustrated, or crisp in tone? Maybe it does. That's your call.

What about reciprocation? Do you consider putting your hand on someone and calling out their mistake treating him with respect? I think that was disrespectful and condescending. Shouldn't he expect to be treated with respect as well?

Again, it doesn't matter if he was more in the wrong. It's not a scale. Assuming you weren't perfect (as none of us are), what about the scenario could you have improved? You know I like you. If you just wanted to post about the experience and have people agree with you, I'm sorry. My brain doesn't usually work like that.