Uh ohh...

Options
So, This weekend is my daughters 1st birthday!! Yay! I can't believe that mi Nena will be 1, she is SOO amazing, and has advanced soo much! Buuut (theres always a but..lol) I'm having a PARTY.. & I DO know better than to be snacking on the doritos, and soda (cause I'm ot buying much, only like 10 ppl are coming) Buttt.. I am scared that I may crack.. I may not.. the past 2.5 days I hvaen't had much of an appetite.. So we will see.. But I'm so proud for getting down to 231, I just CAN'T screw up..(I Must keep telling myself this!)

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    You can always make something for yourself to snack on and I am sure maybe the other mothers would appreciate it as well
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I'm not going to say go nuts eating junk, but enjoy yourself. If you want to snack, do it. You can't possibly screw yourself up by having some doritos and soda one time at a very special occasion for your daughter. Enjoy yourself, have fun, relax, celebrate. This only happens once... :drinker:

And... Happy Birthday to your daughter :flowerforyou:
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    make an amazing veggie platter, the other moms would appreciate it to. I know thats what im thinking when i go to a party, I hope that htey have something healthy!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You all are right.. I will make something healthy for the moms, I still have to go food shopping for her party (thank God).. & I will enjoy *HER* day. She is SO precious! Thanks!!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Cut up your fave fruit and make or buy a yogurt dip! Same with the veggies....also, chips and salsa are a good snack to get rid of the munchies. You could also make a punch with light cranberry juice, orange juice and sparkling water. Add some frozen strawberries and blueberries to keep it cool!
    Hope it helps!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Instead of dip with your veggies, get hummus. This is a healthy and low cal snack
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So, here's the thing, she's 1, obviously she won't be eating doritos anyway (or stuff like that), so I say skip the bad stuff all together. There's ways to put out food that is still "snacky" without it being horrible for you. My wife and I put out an awesome spread for our appetizers on thanks giving (we hosted 14 this year) and about 85% of it was pretty good food.

for example:

for cheese and crackers we did cabot farms 75% low fat chedder on a low fat triscut with a slice of turkey pepperoni. Shrimp was another appetizer, Bruschetta with part skim mozzarella and whole wheat French bread was another. Make your own dip using low calorie mayo, dill, onion, parsley, and sea salt and put out a platter of veggies with it like sliced peppers, broccoli, carrots, celery.

All of these items we did at thanksgiving, I am the cook so I usually do this stuff. Combined it took me about 2 hours to make all of it, but I did the dip, cut the veggies, and made the cheese and crackers before hand, so there was actually only about 20 minutes of prep time on the day. Basically just boiling the shrimp for a minute, and plating all the stuff/dips. So it's not like this is a difficult thing to do.

There's no reason not to do this stuff, and unless you tell people you are making things "healthy" they probably won't even notice. My family didn't (and they are NOT generally healthy eaters), until I told them after, at which point they were happy to hear it (they would have complained if I told them before hand, LOL!)
  • MargaretA
    Options
    hey good luck! cut up veg.' chips and salsa , low fat cream cheese and reduced fat wheat crackers!! just think. the holidays are coming up too. we will all need help!!! good luck!!!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Try baked chips, and low salt that will help, buy a natural salsa or make one yourself(store bought stuff is HIGH in sodium) Everyone will appreciate it, plus it is a good habit to get into, teach your girl right, that veggies and fruit are a good snack not an obligation!!! Then they wont be where we are!!

But enjoy yourself, your first baby only turns 1 once, you will remember this day forever, don't remember as a stressed out mommy, remeber how fun it was.

For me its the CAKE...my biggest weakness