getting to know you!!

Options
sooo, we all want to lose weight...great! But what do you do? Whats your name, your age, your job? How many kids? Married, single, getting married??

Who are you?

Im Jessica, married, I have three kids....all boys. almost 5, 3 and 10 months. Im a photographer and stay at home mom! I love the Lord and all the amazing things he has given me! I just recently (7 weeks ago) moved from central coast california to Texas!

Your turn!

Replies

• size6Jessi
    Options
    oh and ill be 28 in 13 days!
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    Hey! My name is Neysia. I'm 24-years old, soon to be 25, which is kinda-sorta freaking me out a little bit. I'm not married, nor am I getting married anytime soon. I'm single and waiting for someone to come around! :laugh:
    I work as a substitute teacher for mainly junior high and high school in my hometown; occasionally, I work at the elementary schools. I am also a server in my spare time. Currently working at a grocery/deli as well, but gave my 2-weeks notice yesterday. I'm looking for a better job. I'm currently enrolled in a program through Region 4 in Houston, TX. I'm getting my teacher's certification that way -- ALL online classes -- and I will be done January 31st -- then it's time for the exit exam.

Jessica -- are you enjoying Texas so far? :bigsmile:
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm Nikki, I am 22. I am a Medical Administrative assistant (sit on my *kitten* all day..). I have 2 kids, 2.6 and 1 on Sunday. I am not married, nor planning on it, but I am madly in love with my baby daddy...
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    I dont know if im actually living in Texas....Im in Mexico. LOL, i live in a boarder town! I love San Antonio tho!
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Danielle. I am officially 20.5 years old today! 6 more months until I turn that big 21!! :bigsmile: I am a junior at LSU, majoring in public relations and minoring in business administration and French. I love French culture. I studied in France this summer, and I want a French/Parisian-themed wedding. :love: ... when I get the man of course. :laugh:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Courtney and I'm 23. Currently a 2nd year medical student at the University of Kentucky. I am single and have a furry kid named Marley (see profile for a pic!). I don't have much free time, so my social life is in the gutter right now :laugh:

I live for holidays...weekends mean nothing to me anymore because I am always studying. Yay Christmas break!!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I am a 46 year old mom to 3. My oldest is 11, my middle child 10 and the youngest 8. I run a licensed home daycare. I have a degree in Elementary Education but have spent most of my career in early childhood education in one form or another. I love quilting but seldom find time for it right now. I used to use daycare nap time for quilting but now I use it to exercise. I like what I do for a living but sometimes you crave adult conversation during the day.
  • atauds
    atauds Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi, my name is Audrey and I am 43 yrs old, married, and live in Hawaii. I moved here more than 4 years ago from Vienna, Virginia, and I love it here! No children but my husband has a young teenage daughter who lives with her mother in Missouri. We have 2 dogs and a parrot. If it weren't for my husband I seriously think I would be an animal hoarder. However, I am a science editor for a fisheries science center on Oahu. We live 1/2 mile from the beach but that doesn't mean I go there all the time, especially when you have a household to run, a husband, and animals that need my attention. I work out to a variety of DVDs and run with a very energetic Australian Shepherd/Border collie mix named Kiko (as seen in my pic although he is now more than a year old--his name means "spotted" in Hawaiian).
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    Border town... hey, at least you claim Texas. :laugh:
    I love Mexico! Ever been to Mexico City? BIG but great place.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lisa I am 33 years old and I live in colorado springs, CO and been married 12 years my husband has been doing contracting since 2005. we have 2 girls 9 and 3. I am going to school currently for medical transcription started off at 166 pounds in Jan 2008 and currently at 130 trying to lose the last bit of weight by this summer.
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My name is Linda. I'm Thirty.....9 (ugh). I live in the great state of Indiana. Recently remarried and loving it. I have two boys 19 and 17. My husband has 3 kids 24, 21 and 19. (currently only 3 of our kids live with us). Currently unemployed and hating it. I loved my job and hated to see it end. Hoping to eventually find something that I love again.
  • deirdre_m
    Options
    Hello, my name is Deirdre and I'm a college student majoring in Microbiology at Washington State University. I'm 21, not married, but have a serious boyfriend. No kids, but hoping to get a furkid next fall :)
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    Hi All! I am married with 2 boys. Ages 15 and 6. I know, I know big age difference lol. I was divorced at 23 and remarried at 26. I just turned 32 last week and am a paraprofessional at a middle school in Kansas. Hoping to get my teaching degree as soon as I get brave enough to go back to school. I was diagnoed with high bp and high cholesterol about 8 mo. ago. I not only need to lose weight to look and feel better but I plan on being here for my kids and hubby for many years to come. I cannot do that if I continue down the road I've been on all these years. Hoping to make a positive change in my life, I will gladly offer support to anyone needing a lift! Good luck to all!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    HI, I am married -10years in March - and have 3 children dd's ages 9 and 3 and a son age 6. I am 28 and work part time at Bath and Body works.. I have been working on losing weight since last april and am getting their- i haven't lost much pounds but i have in inches and the ways my clothes fit - depending on the brand can fit into a 14 which is great since when i started an 18 was tight. I am wanting to lose weight for myself but also so that i can actually enjoy playing with my kids and going out with my dh.
    Lauren
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kimberly, I am 24 years old (25 in February). I have been married for almost 4 years. I don't have children yet, I wanted to lose weight first so because my weight was contributing to soe health problems. So far I am down to 175lbs from around 300. I run the office and clerical part of my husbands outdoor service company and I also work out in the field with him. I am from the great state of Alabama!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    sooo, we all want to lose weight...great! But what do you do? Whats your name, your age, your job? How many kids? Married, single, getting married??

Who are you?

Im Jessica, married, I have three kids....all boys. almost 5, 3 and 10 months. Im a photographer and stay at home mom! I love the Lord and all the amazing things he has given me! I just recently (7 weeks ago) moved from central coast california to Texas!

Your turn!

I'm Amanda (Mande, for short), I'm 29 (30 in May!), and I currently reside in Las Vegas, Nevada (though I'm originally from California). I'm married (6 years in February) with no kids yet -- but hopefully will be starting on that in another 12-18 months. I currently work in my mother-in-law's law office where I wear many hats (paralegal, office manager, receptionist, etc.) but what I really want to do is write science fiction and fantasy novels. I have three wonderful fur-babies (kitties) and can't wait until I'm out of my apartment and in a house where I can have a dog!

Nice to meet everyone. :smile:
  • stephcheers
    Options
    I have three kids....all boys. almost 5, 3 and 10 months.

Boys! I have three boys too. Ages 9, 7 and 4. I believe God picks a special kind of woman to live in a house with only males. Funny thing is growing up there were 4 woman in my house and my dad. People always said my dad had a unique patience. I completely understand now. Boys and girls are sooooo different.

By the way I am 34 and work part-time in an office at a lumber company but am back in college working on my RN degree. I am planning on getting married for the 2nd time to the man I have lived with for the last two years. He has 3 kids also (1 boy, 2 girls). We are the Brady Bunch. LOL
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    Stephcheers, thats awsome! I love me some boys!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I dont know if im actually living in Texas....Im in Mexico. LOL, i live in a boarder town! I love San Antonio tho!

We definitely claim San Antonio :laugh: I'm from Texas as well....
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Fabulous idea...

My name is Kandy. I am from (and live in) Texas. I am 33 yrs old and I am married to a wonderful man and the love of my life. we have two kiddos, our boy is 5 and our little girl is 2 (the boss lol)
    I teach part time at my daughter's preschool (I teach the 3 yr old class)... I am also a part time photographer...Friends and people from church have contracted me to do photo shoots for them... I have also "shot" the preschool where I teach (before I was teaching there)...
    I think that pretty much covers it :laugh: I'm a member of the fabulous June Starters here on MFP :happy:
    Good luck to everyone with your weight loss journey!! :drinker: