Best bars ever!

Options

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    my favorite (and really only ones I ever eat) are larabars, homemade or store bought. Grain free, healthy fat, and sooo yummy!
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i must say Kashi Honey Almond Flax chewy granola bars are the healthiest but also best tasting nutrition bars I have ever had. What is everyone else's favortie nutrition bars to grab on the go?

Love as well!!! They also have a great Banana Chocolate Chip Bar too!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have so many favorites. Today, I had a Clif Builder and it was Chocolate Mint...tasted like a yummy thin mint cookie :) I love anything with peanut butter and chocolate and then the natural goodness ones they are like the Larabar
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    My current favorites are:

Clif Builder's Chocolate Mint - 30g protein, 270 cal

Oh yes yes yes. Worth every calorie.
  • mermegan
    mermegan Posts: 143
    Options
    ^ Anyone have Home-made bar recipes they would like to share?

Jamie Eason's chocolate protein bars are aaaamazing. They're more cake/brownie texture than a dense bar, but they're filling and satisfy a sweet tooth too.

Calories: 96
    Fat: 1.4 grams
    Carbs: 12 grams
    Protein: 10 grams

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-chocolate-protein-bars.htm
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Cliff Mojo Bars!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Wish we got Quest bars here.
    I tend to snack more on raw carrots and nuts these days, but when I do have a bar I love the 9 bars occasionally, and also Nakd bars, which have nothing but fruit and nuts in them, like larabars I am guessing (uk here).
  • socalgirl68
    Options
    Wish we got Quest bars here.

WHAT?! no quest bars in the uk?? :( that sucks!
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    http://katshealthcorner.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/protein-granola-bars/

^ These bars came out soooo delicious and were extremely easy to make (even i could do it). They came out to roughly 200 calories a peice with 4 g fiber and 10 g protein and really fill me up plus there are only 5 ingredients and are all natural! I'm looking for new recipes for a next batch anyone have recommendations?
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ^ Anyone have Home-made bar recipes they would like to share?

Jamie Eason's chocolate protein bars are aaaamazing. They're more cake/brownie texture than a dense bar, but they're filling and satisfy a sweet tooth too.

Calories: 96
    Fat: 1.4 grams
    Carbs: 12 grams
    Protein: 10 grams

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-chocolate-protein-bars.htm

I love her pumpkin ones too!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    pure protein bars ..chocolate peanut butter...low in sugar too!
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I agree with another poster that whole fruits and veggies are great, but...for something to toss in your purse, leave at the office, etc I like Vega bars: http://myvega.com/products/whole-food-vibrancy-bar/features-benefits
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I also love the Kashi Bars, but have been eating Kind Bars for the past year. Yummy!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought this was about places we could go to get a drink...
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Walmart has an exclusive bar called life choice.. i dont care for walmart but i like these bars... double chocolate has 190 cals 4.5 fat 5 cholesterol 120 sodium and get THIS.....16 carbs and 21 protein....this is my quick lunch today!!!!
  • SarahKellie1
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Columbia Gorge Organic Bars? DELICIOUS!!
  • UrbanWild
    Options
    Promax Cookies & Cream--but only 1/4 bar at a time. Just a bite tides me over!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Balance Bar in Lemon Meringue. :heart:
  • espree70
    espree70 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have tried many bars and found NuGo Slim bars to be a good fit for me only 2 carbs .