My Lil Success Moment of the Day (...so far)!

Options
FourLynne
FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
Hello my name is FourLynne, and I am an emotional eater. :sad:

Today, I took a small step towards success! :smile:

My eldest daughter is going through something, so of course she is going to take it out on the one she is closest to the moment...me. It hurt my feelings. Instead of walking into the kitchen and drowning my sorrow with a cookie or worse, I walked towards the bedroom and right into a nice hot shower. As I was getting ready, it hit me...that aha moment that I had beaten an "emotional eating moment," and I truly felt empowered.

The daughter and I will make amends, but I can't let the emotions rule my decisions. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Breaking the cycle. Great NSV!! :flowerforyou:
  • MommaMeatus
    MommaMeatus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's great! One moment at a time, it's about changing our behaviours as much as our nutritional habits :) Good job!
  • mandys65
    mandys65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done to you, and I'm sure you and your daughter will pull through, lord only knows how we do it :smile: I have 3 hormonal daughters to contend with as well as 2 bigger hormonal sons, and one of them is only 3 :ohwell:
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic step in the right direction!!
    You should be proud of yourself! Remember that feeling next time you reach for those cookies :smile:
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is FourLynne, and I am an emotional eater. :sad:

Today, I took a small step towards success! :smile:

My eldest daughter is going through something, so of course she is going to take it out on the one she is closest to the moment...me. It hurt my feelings. Instead of walking into the kitchen and drowning my sorrow with a cookie or worse, I walked towards the bedroom and right into a nice hot shower. As I was getting ready, it hit me...that aha moment that I had beaten an "emotional eating moment," and I truly felt empowered.

The daughter and I will make amends, but I can't let the emotions rule my decisions. :flowerforyou:

Hello FourLynne (in my best mono-tone voice)

GREAT JOB!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I will try that the next something upsets me.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good job! It takes baby steps! :happy:
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Way to go! And you recognized it too!! Keep up the good work!
  • jlobraun
    Options
    Good for you! You should be proud of yourself for recognizing a time when you were vulnerable and chose a different course of action. I'm always telling myself that , over time, every smart choice is taking me one step closer to my goal. Every little bit counts!!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! And I hope you have this victory over and over a million times!
  • rustybago
    Options
    That's terrific! I eat when under stress too. A hot shower sounds like a nice and soothing alternative. Good job.
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone.

I'm still learning how to navigate this website, lol. A lil behind but moving forward.

Hope everyone has a great day....

:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!