Opinons on what to do?

Options
I need opinions, I really want to go to an Italian Festival this weekend, but I know if I do I'll gain weight because the whole reason I want to go is try food... and I don't want to have to be "moderate", which I really DO NOT want to do since I am finally back down to 171 (I gained 5 lbs when I started exercising... and it took weeks to get off.. it was finally off today!) and only 3 lbs away from my prevacation weight in Feb (took long enough!) so I really don't want to gain... but I really want to check out the festival... it's every year though.. so what would you do? Hold off until next year or just say screw it and go and gain?

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Any weight from a one day festival would probably be water weight from all the salt.
    I would go and have a bit of what you want, but don't gorge and make sure to exercise before you go and the next few days after.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I would exercise so I could afford to eat the calories. I never say no to Italian food!
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Go. Eat. Enjoy yourself.
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    you dont have to go crazy really, and as you've been watching what you eat i bet you wont be able to consume as much as you think you will.
    its once a year - you have aaaages to work and diet it off.
    go for it and enjoy, just dont beat yourself up afterwards if you do gain.
    you only live once

:drinker:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    self control dude. You have to look at it as a lifestyle change not a diet! What are you gona do stay home your entire life? Nope, lol so try a few things knowing they aren;t good for you but exercise self control.
  • KerryEForeman
    Options
    I agree - life's too short to miss out on something fun like this that you really want to do. See it as a personal challenge - dieting and getting fit and healthy doesn't have to mean missing out on nice experiences with friends. Just be clever with your food choices - Italian food doesn't have to be high-calorie - and you can have smaller portions and exercise to make up for it. Good luck, I hope you have fun!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Go. Eat. Enjoy yourself.
    :drinker:
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I really understand where your coming from. 2 and 1/2 weeks ago I went to the Iowa State Fair. I didnt eat tons, but enough that it took me a wee and a half to get back where I had worked really hard to get too. I say if your going for the food, stay away. If your going for the socializing of friends. Go for it. My new favorite saying is "the food will not taste as good as being fit would!" Good luck!