What fraction of what you used to eat do you eat now?

Options
2»

Replies

• RazzleDazzleMama
    Options
    I eat about 1/2 of what I use to eat.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's a question I have pondered!
    I had really lost site of moderation with food.
    I'd never counted calories before mfp.
    But I needed to develop self control in my present circumstances...
    being a mother, always preparing, planning and buying food, and cleaning up after meal, making snacks!

I was eating WAY too much.
    So I don't doubt I eat 1/3 of what I did.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Less than half of what I used to eat.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'd say about 1/2. Since i've lost weight, when i eat i feel my stomach constricting. Weird...........
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    At first, this question seems so easy.. but the answers show just how different each person, and their eating patterns are.
    In general I intentionally eat twice as often, half as much but my mindless eating has dropped by almost 100%
    My snacks are much better nutritionally and probably 1/4 of the size in terms of calories
    My breakfast is exactly the same
    My lunch is probably half the size calorie-wise and much more balanced nutritionally
    My dinner is perhaps 1/3 smaller. Instead of the plate being 45% meat, 45% starch, 10% veg it's now probably 50%veg, 25% meat, 25% starch
    Several changes.. all good!
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Once I started measuring things I went from having a massive glass of orange juice to just the serving size of 200ml. Also when I have bread I just have two slices a day. Before I'd use three or four slices at a time.
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'd say 1/2. I used to be able to put back a whole large pizza by myself, or maybe 2 orders of chicken fingers from Pizza Hut. I'd always go back for seconds at home - and sometimes thirds!

I will never understand how I ever ate that much in one sitting. It's just amazing.
  • skylardevenney
    skylardevenney Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I reallyonly eat about half of what I was!! I used to be so bad about eating until I was stuffed but now I'm eating until I'm satisfied!!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hard for me to answer this, but I think I actually eat more now than before. However, the quality of food and workouts have given me good results. I am also more aware of how many calories I eat more than ever. Some days I go over, but those days are few are far between now.
  • cherbapp
    Options
    Who knows?. . .that was the problem.

Same here!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hmm interesting question. I might eat maybe 2/3 of the same stuff I did before but now it's more about how much of those things I eat. Yesterday I had a bagel for the first time in a long time. I used to live on those suckers. Don't miss 'em.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I think I eat close to the same actually. I am just more active
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I think about the same, maybe a little less. It's the TYPES of food I eat that are different. I also eat more times per day whereas I used to eat maybe once or twice a day and be starving.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    1% if that.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, really. Most of the time, the amounts that I eat haven't changed all that much. More importantly, the quality of my health has changed (got my thyroid into a decent working condition), and I've gotten my mental health conditions (bipolar II and anxiety) under control. Having all of that worked on has made a world of difference for me, far more than any amount of food. That's just me, though. :)
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    Half as much, but it's also split up more evenly through the day so I don't get ravenous and begin to eat the world again.