This morning's Tim Horton's breakfast

Options
This morning after doing a particular hard bootcamp workout, I thought it would be a great idea to have a Tim Horton's coffee and a bagel for breakfast. Even though I had a plain yogurt and blackberry breakfast in my backpack which I was going to eat at the end of my workout, I decided it would be a nice Friday morning treat...a pat on the back for a job well done.

After consuming my breakfast, I was horrified.

I logged these totals in my My Fitness Pal food diary:

One coffee with cream: 80 calories with 2 grams of fat
One 12-grain bagel with strawberry cream cheese: 430 calories, 54 grams of carbs, with 17 grams of fat
"Dessert" of one frosted cinnamon roll: 470 calories, 57 grams of carbs, and 25 grams of fat.

So, the great workout I had was pretty much nullified. I'm kicking myself right now for eating a 980 calorie breakfast loaded with 25 grams of fat.

I didn't even bother eating the yogurt and blackberries.

It goes to show how the little things we don't think about can really add up on the calorie counter.

:embarassed:

Replies

• Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Bummer...but at least you will know not to go there again anytime soon.
  • ARussell01
    Options
    Tim Hortons is sooooo bad. But sooo good and convenient that it's hard to resist. Chin up.
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    At least you've revved up your metabolism and built some muscle in your bootcamp workout. It's too bad that your calorie intake this morning was so high, but at least you haven't lost all of the benefits of your workout! Maybe you should have a bit of food prior to your workout so that you don't feel famished afterwards and overindulge. I know that I don't feel like eating anything for 20 minutes after a workout, and then I am STARVING and will eat anything that is in front of me. Knowing how my body reacts helps me to prepare for those cravings!