I DID IT!

Options
I knew I had gained weight, however I had been in denial, kidding myself for quite a while…it wasn't my body getting bigger, my clothes had shrunk. The jiggling I ignored, the muffin-top I camouflaged. Seeing my fatter-than-usual face in a family photo taken earlier this spring, however, really woke me up to how much weight I had gained over the past year.

It was time. It wasn't until my sister (my inspiration, my support and my motivator) introduced me to MFP though, that I started my serious weight loss journey.

I took "before" photos.
I took "before" measurements.
I logged in to MFP every day.
I drank at least 8 glasses of water every day.
I either walked or rode my bicycle for an hour every day.
I signed up for a yoga class.
I ate back some, not all, of my exercise calories.
I got hooked on "summer porridge" a recipe I found on MFP. My friends also got hooked : )

I plateaued, but got through it.
I never cheated.
I never took a day off.
I never gave up.

It wasn't easy, but it was worth it!

My "before" photos will become my reminders when I drop my guard. They will remain MY photos, ha ha. I am very pleased with my "after" measurements, and plan on doing a 30-day shred to tone up. I will actually alter my "big" clothes rather than hang on to them "in case I gain it back". Water is now something I crave, go figure. And I plan on buying a new bike - one with gears! What an awesome way to spend an hour or two.

Lifestyle changes that I hope will stay with me.

I couldn't have done it without MFP and all of you great supporters with great advice. And my sister.

Thanks Tine.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!