A weeks worth of calories in one weekend?

Options
So a friend and I are going to try and burn a weeks worth of calories in one weekend :) We are going to do it this next weekend 9/8.
Heres how it works-
I take in 1650 calories a day.
multipy that by 7
= 11550
So Im going to try and burn through 11550 calories next weekend. Starting Friday night at 7 and ending Monday at 12am.

Anyone else want to get in on this?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :laugh: CONSUMING a week's worth of calories in one weekend is more the kind of goal I'd like to try.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Don't care to join in, but was curious as to why?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Enjoy burning 3 Marathons worth of calories.

I don't think it is a very good idea but whatever float your boat
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    That seems like an awful lot. Have fun without me.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    That does not sound like fun....
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LOL! Have you thought about how you are going to burn these calories? Do you have planned sessions and a rough idea of how many calories you might burn doing each activity? Will you be wearing a HRM? It sounds like it is going to be VERY hard!

Good luck!

Oh, will you be eating your exercise calories back?? :laugh:
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    How do you plan on achieving this goal???
  • 3enjamin
    3enjamin Posts: 14
    Options
    Ive done weeks worth of eating in a weekend and it does sound more enticing ;)
    I've been working out pretty consistently to try and reach my goal of 60 lbs in 16 weeks. Ive kinda hit a wall and want to use this to push me over that. I also want to start training for a tough mudder event in Feb and this would be a good way to kick off that training.

Heres what Im thinking-
    Friday night - Gym- 60 min on treadmill at 3.5 mph at 8-10% incline. 30 min HIIT. Lifting weights

Saturday- 6 mile hike through some of phoenix mountains2-3 hours. Gym- 1 hr bicycling more weight lifting- swimming laps 1 hr

Sunday- 2 mile jog. 1 hour p90x. 1-2 hours of soccer.

That's what I'm shooting for. I think its achievable and I'm going to push really hard to hit it :)
  • 3enjamin
    Options
    I will be eating throughout this event. Its not going to be a starvation exercise deal. I also will be counting the calories my body naturally burns towards it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    PASSedena.
  • 3enjamin
    Options
    Lol. I understand it probably sounds a bit overzealous. But I think its plausible. Also my outline is a rough draft of my plans, Im going to switch a few things on it up over the week and get a solid plan but I figure if I aim high and miss I still will have an awesome weekend.
    I'll do a practice run this weekend and see how it goes and what I need to improve on.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I've been working out pretty consistently to try and reach my goal of 60 lbs in 16 weeks. Ive kinda hit a wall and want to use this to push me over that. I also want to start training for a tough mudder event in Feb and this would be a good way to kick off that training.

Heres what Im thinking-
    Friday night - Gym- 60 min on treadmill at 3.5 mph at 8-10% incline. 30 min HIIT. Lifting weights

Saturday- 6 mile hike through some of phoenix mountains2-3 hours. Gym- 1 hr bicycling more weight lifting- swimming laps 1 hr

That's what I'm shooting for. I think its achievable and I'm going to push really hard to hit it :)

I don't know about that. Good luck anyways.

By the way, 60 pounds in 16 weeks is an awful lot. Almost 4 pounds a week. Not really realistic.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Heres what Im thinking-

I may be wrong, but you would have to TRIPLE this to achieve what you are talking about. Anyone want to program this into their fitbit to confirm? lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Are you the same guy from a couple of weeks ago that had plans to burn more calories each day than you consumed for an entire week (or something like that. Someone with a better memory, help me out here...)?
  • 3enjamin
    Options
    No thats not me. I just found this place yesterday. I'm not trying to troll or anything. Just set a high goal and want to achieve it.
    Like I said Ill see how it goes this weekend and go from there :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that, sounds like a good plan all-round.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Heres what Im thinking-

(1000 cal)

(2400 cal)

(2000 *assuming 2 hrs of soccer, playing midfield, constant running)

Total: 5400 cal

Those are my *generous* estimates, based on my own stats- I don't know how big you are, etc. So don't take the numbers at face value- just as a sanity check. I think 11,000 cals over a weekend is kind of insane, unless you are a serious athlete and your body is conditioned for it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Heres what Im thinking-

(1000 cal)

(2400 cal)

(2000 *assuming 2 hrs of soccer, playing midfield, constant running)

Total: 5400 cal

Those are my *generous* estimates, based on my own stats- I don't know how big you are, etc. So don't take the numbers at face value- just as a sanity check. I think 11,000 cals over a weekend is kind of insane, unless you are a serious athlete and your body is conditioned for it.

Hey! This thread is *no* place for your fancy math stuff.

=\
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I am just never disappointed with the people here.:bigsmile:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I am just never disappointed with the people here.:bigsmile:

Always entertaining. :)