Being supportive of friends

Options
wewon
wewon Posts: 838 Member
On a couple of other threads, both regarding deleting and adding friends, one thing that seemed to get people the boot was if they were not supportive.

However "support" was defined in various way from an occasional 'WTG!!" to daily engagement.

How much support do you really expect from your MFP friends?

Also, how many friends to have on your list and are you realistically able to make sure that they are all getting attention?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I really don't expect anything from anyone. It's nice to hear it but I am here for me.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I expect an occasional comment here or there. I try to keep my friends list to under 50 so I can do the same.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I have a few with similar interests or fitness goals that I chat with all the time...and some just the occasional WTG.

I always respond to any honest questions with support.

Unlike when something stupid gets posted on a serious board...and then I try to tie my hands down before I make an *kitten* outta myself.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    How much support do I need? A pair of boxer briefs and a cup if there's a chance that things could ugly is usually plenty.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    boxer briefs...the only choice in underwear....though silk boxers come in handy from time to time.
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    I expect an occasional comment here or there. I try to keep my friends list to under 50 so I can do the same.

My sentiments exactly.