99 days and 43lbs, my story so far

Starting Weight: 287.6lbs
Current Weight: 244.6lbs

My name is Marc and I am a few weeks shy of turning 31. I downloaded the app for this site 99 days ago when a friend of mine recommended it. I have struggled with my weight all my life. A few years ago I decided to try and become a police officer, I ended up not doing it, but it did get me in shape. I was 320lbs at 20 years old. After a lot of hard work and 3 years later I managed get myself down to about 220. From there I really got into gear and by the time I was 24 I had gotten myeself into really good shape, and a weight of 185. Now that was pretty good for my 5'8" frame. But as time went on and the police job fell through, and a relationship that came to an end, I started to put the weight back on. I sorta didn't notice at first but Lo and Behold I got back up to 287lbs in 2011. I tried several times to get back on track and failed every time. Every failure made it harder to try again. I had all but given up when my best friend told me about the app. Sort of a "hey, if ya wanna track your calories or whatever, give it a try." kinda recommendation. I downloaded, and started using it. I was hooked after my first 2 or 3 days because I loved how I could actually keep myself in check with it. At first I started to just hit my calorie goal, after a few weeks and a few pounds gone I started changing my eating habits completely. As of today, I make it a point to try and hit my 1590 calorie goal with much healthier foods. I no longer crave fast food, nor do I eat it. Sweets are VERY FEW and FAR between and I drink about 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon of water per day. I have lost 43lbs so far and tomorrow is day 100 with the app! It's truly the best device I have ever used because it makes me want to do better every day than the previous. I reccomend it for anyone trying to lose or maintain their weight because it's an easy tool to use, it feels like a competition with yourself, which makes it seem like a game! I will post again as my results increase. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    this is fantastic!
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Congrats! It's great to see how much this site helps folks!
  • sammi220
    sammi220 Posts: 30 Member
    Great job! :smile:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
    i know im totally obsessed.. LOL I started 50 days ago myself!
    im so glad you love it and are motivated... i love the easy tracking and motivation that it brings...
    im trying to eat more and more 'clean' now too.. and less carbs n such..
    gr8 job!!
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Like that saying...Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Awesome job not giving up and wow! What great progress you have made!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!