Should I Avoid the Gym After...

Options
frando
frando Posts: 583 Member
... I get my hair dyed?

I only have two days off this week and I can't bare going to the gym just once a week. The thing is my hair is in desperate need of a cut and colour.

If I go will I start to well... drip hair dye?

Extra information; I do about an hour of cardio and about half an hour of strength training and I'd feel really cruel if I went to the gym first and the girl had to handle my sweaty post gym hair.

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If its a permanent colour it shouldn't drip if it's been rinsed well. Even if it's not permanent it should nt drip colour if it's been rinsed out well :smile:

Edited for spelling mistake
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just go after your gym, then have a shower, wash your hair, then go to have your hair cut... Simples
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Generally, you shouldn't wash your hair before dying it with a permanent dye and no a permanent won't come out. I have gone to the gym after I have put henna in my hair with no issue.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't drip if it's rinsed well. You shouldn't shampoo for 48 hours after a fresh dye or it may fade. When you shower after working out, rinse really well with water and use conditioner (instead of shampoo) to freshen it up. "Conditioning only" also works well after workouts if you find repeated washing is drying it out.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll be booking in before my session at the gym!
    It shouldn't drip if it's rinsed well. You shouldn't shampoo for 48 hours after a fresh dye or it may fade. When you shower after working out, rinse really well with water and use conditioner (instead of shampoo) to freshen it up. "Conditioning only" also works well after workouts if you find repeated washing is drying it out.

Did not know this! Thanks for the tip! I get so many good bits of advice from these forums!