Attn: Phoenix, AZ dwellers!!!

Options
Hi!! I'm new to the Phoenix area, and I am looking for members in the Northern Phx burbs of the Valley interested in getting together for some healthy active play (i.e. Hiking, biking, running, etc), and/or just some good healthy fellowship. I live in Desert Hills, AZ which is surrounded by Cave Creek, Anthem, Northern Phoenix, New River. I'm off of I-17 and Carefree Hwy, so I might just live in your neighborhood. Drop me an email or request if you're interested. Am looking to start training again for a Half marathon again, and would LOVE to find a workout partner/partners. I work some crazy hours, as I'm an Emergency Department RN, but I always try to find some time to enjoy the great outdoors or the occasional beer or 2. I have about 10 lbs to lose before I hit my first weight goal, but I can be a huge cheerleader for those of you who are looking to lose more. I've struggled my whole life with weight problems, so I KNOW what you're going through!!

Patti

Replies

• amber42274
    amber42274 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Patti,

I live in Anthem! It has been about 10 months since you posted the message I am respnding to, I guess no time like the present!
    I am a very active person that's working on getting my metabolism/hormones to reflect all my hard work! Currently I am doing an hour of low/ impact 6 days, sculpting 3 days and 30 minutes cardio on my "rest day." Averaging about 5 miles of activity daily! I think it would be amazing, really amazing for me to at least jog in a marathon!

I like to do a lot of walking/hiking/aerobic activity. I want to get get down to 130 so I could use the motivation. :happy: Plus my husband is very involved with my weight loss and exercise. He actually has lost about 40 lbs. since January and lucky for him about 10 pound from goal weight!

We have a black lab named Abby, I noticed that you have a dog in the pic with you!
    One last thing, You appear to have the same last name as my mother's maiden, Markgraf!?!

Welcome to Phoenix! :happy:

Amber