EASTER Fitness Challenge Check-In March 1st

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
First day of March - what am I doing up this early!?! Oh, yes, three hours of yoga. I've never been a morning person. I thought I was accomplishing something by working out at 10am. I ate a little extra for breakfast hoping I won't crash half way though this yoga session.

Enough complaining! Getting paid for exercising is actually quite nice.

Yesterday I did an hour on the elliptical and a 20 minute fast walk - I needed the extra calories to go out to eat - only to have my husband come home and suggest we eat at home. It's better for me, so I agreed.

I think I might have to take a day off. Every muscle in my legs is asking for a rest. If I just do upper body weights and regular yoga on Monday, maybe that will be enough. If not, I will take a day off. Scary.

Coffee is your friend.

Have a great workout today!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    First day of March - what am I doing up this early!?! Oh, yes, three hours of yoga. I've never been a morning person. I thought I was accomplishing something by working out at 10am. I ate a little extra for breakfast hoping I won't crash half way though this yoga session.

Enough complaining! Getting paid for exercising is actually quite nice.

Yesterday I did an hour on the elliptical and a 20 minute fast walk - I needed the extra calories to go out to eat - only to have my husband come home and suggest we eat at home. It's better for me, so I agreed.

I think I might have to take a day off. Every muscle in my legs is asking for a rest. If I just do upper body weights and regular yoga on Monday, maybe that will be enough. If not, I will take a day off. Scary.

Coffee is your friend.

Have a great workout today!

Mary
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Went for 1 1/2 bour walk in the freezing cold it is a gr8 incentive to walk quickly the only way to keep warm.

Going to go on the elliptical in a bit will do 35 mins I think.

Spent an hour hoovering and mopping floors this morning.

GOOD NEWS I lost another 2 lbs I am staring to feel much more positive now not to menton healthier and fitter and more energy etc etc.

Have a good day everyone.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning Mary, Vicky & our other Easter Fitness Challengers! Woke up before the alarm ~ but that's okay ~ gives me a moment to post here before I get my 3 year old moving for his last basketball game this morning.

I did level 2 (plus both warm-ups & cool-downs) of the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt (weights) and Cardio Max dvds. It's going to be tough squeezing both weights and cardio in every day but I am determined to make it work. I guess on days I am shorter on time I could do a boot camp workout since it incorporates both... Anyway, I also drank my water, took my vitamins & meds, AND I tracked all of my food in the food journal. It had been awhile but it is going to be my key to getting a move on in the right direction with my weight loss. {fingers crossed}

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a beautiful Saturday!
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Today is spinning for an hour and a walk there and back. (Hopefully the sun will stay out 'til then)

Also, trying to work up the nerve to clean my kitchen floor and bathroom. (extra cardio, I keep repeating to myself)

Friday was measurements day, and I gained an inch in my thighs. (Everything else stayed the same.) I think it's muscle. as nothing seems to be "jiggle tastic" there. (just what I need, right. . .bigger thighs) But, I lost a pound to put me back at my pre-weight training weight. I guess my body was just adjusting to the maintenance calories.

NIccole, I would love to see three-year olds play basketball! I went to a friend's child's soccer game once (she was six) it was just the cutest thing ever. It was nice to see kids just loving running around.

And Mary, I now have an enforced day off every week. (it's really hard for me to do it) Also, it's a day that I have to walk anyway (which is every day for me). I find that I'm starting to enjoy it.:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good Snowy morning! Two hours of snowblowing bought me over 700 calories today so I won't complain...and we have a load of wood coming that will take care of my exercise for tomorrow. Niccole I LOVE the Biggest Loser Cardio Max & Power Sculpt-those are my poison of choice during the week. I do the power sculpt Levels 1 & 2 and then the Cardio Levels 1 & 3. Good Luck with them.

Everyone have a healthy weekend!

Julie
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What an exhausting day! I had to cover a lacrosse match off the mountain, so I got to leave the snow behind and wear shorts in the 60 degree weather near Charlotte. Only problem is my translucent skin hasn't seen the sun in months and I am a little toasted. Oh well, it was sooooo good to feel the sun on my skin!

Anyways, I am officially taking today off formal exercise. I was active all day, so I'm still good on my calories. I had a great blackened chicken salad and potato soup for dinner. I just feel content to call it a day. Not a bad start to March.

Weather has broken for a bit here so I'm going to get to run outside tomorrow; I'll make up for not wokring out today.