am i skinny enough yet?

evolve33
evolve33 Posts: 61 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
hello everyone! i joined MFP about nine months ago, shortly after having my first baby. i was about 25 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, and i wanted to lose it and make a few friends from the process.
i have since lost the weight - actually i"ve lost about 30 pounds and i'm down to 120. my bf says i'm very skinny, but i can tell he likes my body better the more i lose. i think i look good, and im not trying to lose more weight.
i stopped eating meat two months ago, and have since lost 5 pounds without trying to. each week i lose more weight, but i kind of like it. should i try to stop dropping pounds? or trust my body to find its "right" size?

Replies

• ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    hello everyone! i joined MFP about nine months ago, shortly after having my first baby. i was about 25 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, and i wanted to lose it and make a few friends from the process.
    i have since lost the weight - actually i"ve lost about 30 pounds and i'm down to 120. my bf says i'm very skinny, but i can tell he likes my body better the more i lose. i think i look good, and im not trying to lose more weight.
    i stopped eating meat two months ago, and have since lost 5 pounds without trying to. each week i lose more weight, but i kind of like it. should i try to stop dropping pounds? or trust my body to find its "right" size?

Congrats! You are doing wonderful. You should so some research to find the right weight for your height. Also its about you being happy with your body. You should not deprive your body of any nutrients, So if you would like to be a vegetarian you need to make sure you are still getting everything you need. Don't do it for anyone but yourself.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    About 20 pounds ago, people started telling me I was "wasting away" or "disappearing". :laugh:
    Chubby friends told me not to lose any more weight.

I'm still not at the goal I set and I still have weight on my thighs that I want to get rid of.
    I've been telling people that I'm at my goal and am maintaining just to get them to stop bugging me, but I'm still losing a pound a week.

Are you getting enough nutrition, especially protein?
    Have you learned about how to eat healthy as a vegetarian?
    Do you have plenty of energy?

If the answer is "yes" to all those questions, then you are probably on the right track. Stay healthy and enjoy your new life and your new body.:smile::smile:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I think everyone has to find the own weight that is right for them - like someone else said, do some research and figure out what that should be for you.

Just don't forget that once you reach your goal, you will have to up your calorie intake to a maintenance level (the specific calories you'll need to increase to will depend on your individual metabolism). If you keep eating how you've been eating during the weight-loss process, then you'll keep losing weight. I would imagine it could be difficult to make the transition from weight loss calorie level to maintenance level - and you'll probably have to work at it consciously, or you'll just "default" to eating weight-loss level.

If you up your calories to a level where it should keep you about steady (not gaining or losing) and you're still losing weight steadily, you may want to see a doctor just to make sure nothing's wrong.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    just have to find happy medium. 120 is goal I am trying to get to myself once I get there I will reaccess
This discussion has been closed.