Feeling hungry and drowsy at work.

fitinyoga14
fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Everyone knows what i'm talking about; those days where you're at work or school and all you can think about is getting your hands on something to snack on, especially a nice, comforting snack LOADED with carbs. (i.e a cookie or muffin) Although you may have aleady eaten a nutritious breakfast and lunch, you find yourself wanting a little extra something. There's no where to turn for healthy alternatives because you don't have access to any at your current location. Perhaps you get offered an extra bagel form breakfast or one of your peers is trying to get rid of an abundance of home-made cookies and is pushing one on you. You at first feel relieved that fate has brought you what you were looking for. However, just as you are about to take the bagel that will fufill your carb-craving needs, you start a battle in your head. Should I satisfy myself in the very moment or bust my diet and feel bad about it later? In the moment, its a tough decision.

Does anyone have any strategies or tips when it comes to situations like these?

Replies

• Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    I have an emergency snack stash for those moments.. I usually have a small stash of peanuts, or almonds, or the Weight Control Oatmeal, I also have a box of the Quaker granola bars (they are usually around 100cals) JUST for those moments. Today at work, there are maple bars, cupcakes (white cake ones, and chocolate cake ones) AND blueberry scones.. For the LOVE people! I broke down and had one of the blueberry miniscones (least of all the evils) and I tracked it though, so it just means dinner will be a little "lighter" in cals than I had anticipated. :S
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    Definitely have some healthier snack options in your drawer at work so you can curb your cravings. Some things I keep around are Kashi bars, Annie's organic bunny crackers, homemade trail mix (cheerios, raisins, almonds, and a few small pcs choc--dark if I have it), or Power Bars.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    I agree with the healthy snacks stash. Mine includes some of the 100cal dark chocolate bars :blushing: Also I've got a 1 liter water bottle at work that goes everywhere with me. Helps overcome temptation - well, most of the time.
This discussion has been closed.