Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    either Italian dressing, or cottage cheese as a dressing
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    idk if you have a trader joes near you.. but I love there "cilantro and chive yogurt dip" sooooooo good and only 40 cals for 2tbsp! very low and its rockin... have it for dips for crackers to dip or carrots... I use it instead of mayo for canned chicken/tuna!!!
    and could go on a wrap as a dressing.. its way good.. and for salads I like light italian newmans
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would say this b/c I cannot stand lemon, but my mom got me hooked on fresh squeezed lemon juice and a light olive oil. It is easily becoming my 'go to' dressing. I get it at restuarants, and it must be more common than I had thought b/c they don't even flinch when I tell them.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + Hidden Valley Ranch mix
    Greek yogurt + honey mustard

bump!!! love greek yogurt for this stuff....
    right on!:bigsmile:
  • pancakemix16
    pancakemix16 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    (Any) Fat Free sour cream + Hidden Valley Ranch= Delish Dip for Veggies
    Balsamic Vinegar+(Bertolli) Extra Virgin Olive Oil+(Kroger)Zesty Italian Seasoning Mix= Awesome dressing
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own - olive oil and flavored balsamics but I also use Kraft Free Catalina.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Balsamic Vinegar+(Bertolli) Extra Virgin Olive Oil+(Kroger)Zesty Italian Seasoning Mix= Awesome dressing

I picked up Hidden Valley Ranch Fat Free dressing this afternoon (not the packet.. the bottle).. do I mix that with sour cream?
  • fallser
    Options
    Regardless of which dressing you like, I recommend starting with one TBSP, drizzle over salad, then stick your (clean) hand in the bowl and stir it all around. You'll be amazed at how far salad dressing goes in coating all the leaves with much less product if you use this method. Then you might even be able to cut back to 1-2 tsp if the salad seems to be over-dressed. You get all the flavor with fewer extra calories.

My new favorite dressing is EVOO with lemon and finely grated Parmesan cheese. Lots of tang!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Good Seasons Italian Dressing made with olive oil and Sour Cream & Onion Dip made with Lipton's Onion Soup Mix and full fat sour cream.

They're super quick to make, taste delicious and are a great way to get the healthy fats you need with your vegetables. These are two of the processed foods I keep in my diet even though I'm not a big fan of the added sugars and the MSG they contain but I figure those benefits out way my desire to eat as "clean" as I can -- within reason.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Marketside Chiptole Ranch - 90 cals for 2 tbsp

Ken's Steakhouse Lite Northern Italian dressing - 45 cals for 2 tbsp (yummm)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

I picked up Hidden Valley Ranch Fat Free dressing this afternoon (not the packet.. the bottle).. do I mix that with sour cream?

No, get a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning. Mix it in with either sour cream or you could even do plain greek yogurt. Tastes the same, but you'll be getting more protein with the greek yogurt.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Ken's Steakhouse Lights - Northern Italian & Raspberry Walnut are both excellent on spinach or mixed greens.

On Romaine, I use El Sol Homemade Salsa as a "dressing."
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Ken's Steakhouse also has a great lite Sundried tomato vinigarette that I adore.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    If you like avocado this is good one. Works great as veggie dip, sandwich and pretty great on a salad too...

http://appetizer.betterrecipes.com/avocado-yogurt-sauce.html
  • Dohrnl
    Dohrnl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When i first started this journey I relied solely on Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. Now, I don't touch the stuff because I avoid all dairy/animal products. I would recommend a simple avocado, lemon juice blend. Amazing flavor and good nutrients!
  • clowdusc
    Options
    I make my own dressing. I make "homemade" yogurt with whole milk, and when it's strained through a coffee filter it thickens it into a ranch dressing type of dip. I add seasoning, and then it's ready to be eaten with veggies and stuff :)
    I like it a lot better than store bought, and I find myself using a lot less than store bought ranch.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I make various veggie dips with greek yogurt- a packet of ranch dressing mix or onion soup mix are easy- or you can use whatever spices you like.

other good additions to greek yogurt:
    a dash of balsamic vinegar mixed in to a couple tbsp of greek yogurt makes a delicious creamy salad dressing too.
    some Sriracha hot sauce mixed with the yogurt makes a great veggie dip and sandwich condiment.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    When i first started this journey I relied solely on Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. Now, I don't touch the stuff because I avoid all dairy/animal products. I would recommend a simple avocado, lemon juice blend. Amazing flavor and good nutrients!

This sounds really good! ..I will have to try this out for sure. Thanks!
  • DD0pe
    DD0pe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I make my own with w little bit of EVOO and a little pinch of salt n pepper