hit a wall? suggestions?

Options
Hi All. I want to give you all my support before I ask for some.

I have been doing well. Did not gain over the holiday, changed all my habits, and am walking daily. I lost 13 pounds.

Now with 10 pounds left, I seem to have not only plateaued, but am starving all the time. I will even walk more to get more calories so I can eat more.

I need to plan meals better or something, or find a better snack. OR this is normal and I dont have any clue what to do now.

Help!!!

Background info:

I am allergic to all nuts and peanuts!! I cannot eat anything like this at all!

Eggs make me gag, I dont do egg dishes-except the once yearly omelette on xmas with my dad.

I am mostly vegetarian, but do eat chicken, fish and seafood once a week or so. I also have red meat once a month or less. I eat dairy- though way less than I used too, now my dairy is yogurt , lo cal/fat goat cheese and skim milk instead of sour cream, and high fat cheese and cheese spreads. I also eliminated ranch dressing from my diet, fast food (except the occasional subway) and sweets.

I am a carb addict, and have changed to whole grain bread, and brown rice. No more white bread. Its pita or wheat only! And NO MORE crackers!!!

thoughts?

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    How is your protein consumption? When mine is lower than it should be, I find myself being hungrier. Also, lack of protein and eating below a certain calorie level could put you into starvation mode, which might explain the not losing. These are just some things to consider as possibilities.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i just have days where i feel like a bottomless pit when it comes to my stomach. for those couple of days i make sure to eat a lot more filling foods and even a bit more food so that i don't feel deprived and binge. but i keep the "bad" food consumption to a minimum and i can usually bounce back after maybe 3 days. I recommend a great breakfast/snack that i swear by to keep me full. It also seems to follow your diet restrictions, though i'm not 100% sure. Its Special K brand cereal that is the "Protein Plus". It has 110 calories and 13g of protein in a cup. My mom has tried it and describes it as tasting "too plain", however i appreciate the light sweetening that it contains and i'm able to eat it all the time.
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've heard over and over that the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose. Not that I've ever been even close to that point :blushing:

Adding protein and mixing up your exercises sounds like good advice - our bodies are amazing in the way they can adapt to whatever we're throwing at them. Maybe your body is getting quite comfortable with daily walks - try to use different muscle groups to challenge it a bit.
  • jadenfox
    jadenfox Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, and I will try that cereal, I love special K

Im going to increase my protien too...
  • jadenfox
    jadenfox Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    YAY, I lost some weight again, your suggestions worked!! Thanks!!