Options
    Valtrex
    LOL! This made me choke on my coffee

:laugh:
    :drinker:
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest going to a hiking store and having them look at the shoes to see whether they are fitting you correctly. I ended up going up a size and actually had bought too tight of shoes and that was causing my problems. Basically, it's just a matter of getting the right type.

Are your blisters in the heal? Sides? Toe areas? Where are you getting them? That might make it easier to determine what's wrong.

I know I got some blisters on the high point (back area above heal) and it was a pair of shoes that just were too high and didn't have enough padding. I let them go and ended up with a different pair. Sometimes, replacing the shoe style will make a difference.
  • NotThePest
    Options
    Changing socks made a big difference for me. I used to get blisters all the time when walking my dog. Switching from cotton socks to wool socks made a huge difference for me. No more blisters. BTW: I prefer Smartwool brand socks.

Smartwool socks are the BOMB! Found out about them when my son took me hiking a couple of years ago. Fell in love with the hiking and skying socks, then found out they have socks for runners and exercise. They are the best. Expensive on the front end, but cheap over the long run and fabulous for the feet.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Like others have said:
    1. Make sure shoes fit your feet well (just expensive doesn't mean fit is right)
    2. Wear proper socks (I really like light merino ones for hiking)
    3. Moleskin - if the other two aren't working fully