T.H.E. Team (Trying Hard Everyday) Week 44. Come one come al

Options
Welcome to the group THE. The name says it all-Trying Hard Everyday is what we do. We know life gets in the way and can make maintaining a healthy lifestyle very difficult. It's going to get harder now that the Holidays are here. But, that's why we are here. We offer advice and support to those who need it. This group has been around now for 44 weeks. That's amazing. Whether you check in everyday, or once a week it's ok. We welcome everyone. Our weekly weigh ins are on Friday. We post our accomplishments and our failures. What good is a support group if you can't vent and talk about stuff??? Lay all out here, that's why we're here. We are devoted to the lifestyle change that we've taken on and we understand that we have to try hard everyday.

This is how we post. I grabbed some posts from the previous thread for today's weigh in.

cc_campbell81: SW 149 GW 130 CW 143 -6 lbs since 22 Oct 09
jlb123: SW: 270, GW 150, CW 236.0 = -1.4 pounds
guidosgal (aka Pam) SW 224, CW 191 = 2 pounds

We copy and paste the list while adding to it.
sw is starting weight
gw is goal weight
cw is current weight.

We also have some holiday challenges going on that spice things up a little and puts a little more motivation into it.

Holiday Challenge -
cc_campbell81--weigh 140 by Jan 1st, 2010
jlb123--weigh 230 by 01/01/10 (really pushing for 225 but I just don't think that's going to happen)

I have not weighed in today which is why my name isn't on the list... I don't think I'll be able to weigh in this week because I don't work again until Sunday and that's where my scale is.

Way to go girls on losing. That's awesome. Keep up the great work.

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I had a wonderful week and am down 2 pounds. I spent all day Thursday shopping :bigsmile: I left the house at 7:30 am and got home at 11:30 pm. (The good shopping is a 3 hour one-way drive away) The stores were offering some great deals. I loved that I actually fit in the clothes and liked how they looked. I came home with more stuff for me than Christmas gifts :blushing:

cc_campbell81: SW 149 GW 130 CW 143 -6 lbs since 22 Oct 09
    jlb123: SW: 270, GW 150, CW 236.0 = -1.4 pounds
    guidosgal (aka Pam) SW 224, CW 191 = 2 pounds
    pinbotchick SW 237, GW 140, CW 215 = -2 pounds
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Way to go Pinbotchick- on the losing and the new clothes. You have to drive three hours away just to shop?? Man, I guess in a way that saves money if you don't go all the time...
  • pawprint061
    Options
    So I just thought that I would share that I'm taking part in a new challenge. It's the 200 sit up challenge. I'm so excited. It's 6 weeks long, and I'm hoping that by the time I'm done, my tummy will be looking a little better and I feel better there. It is my goal to do the 200 sit ups in a row by the time 6 weeks hit. It's a three day thing. Taking every other day and weekends off for rest. I'm excited. I'll keep you updated on my progress... any body else wanna join in?
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    O m gosh I dont think I could do 10 sit ups let alone 200 that is quite a goal :smile: Thats very admirable :flowerforyou:
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!
    Congratulations on the losses. You all are doing so good. I did weigh and it was a loss from the beginning of the week
    but I forgot to write it down and TOM has since arrive. So I am not weighing right now - I know it will be a gain yes a water gain
    but a gain. I am waiting and waiting for a phone that says my daughter - in - law is on her way to hospital to deliver. She is dialated and miserable. Needless to so I am over anxious and nervously waiting. I am mindfully watching what I eat though due to this situation. I am already a Granny to 4 but they do live 1604 miles away from me in Montana. This one will be 10 miles from me.
    Have a Good Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    O m gosh I dont think I could do 10 sit ups let alone 200 that is quite a goal :smile: Thats very admirable :flowerforyou:

Well.. yeah it's kinda hard. I can't do regular sit ups. The hurt me. So I have to use the little roller thing to keep me in better form, and I do crunches not full sit ups.... I feel more of an impact where I should with the way I do it, then the "correct" way. That way just leaves my back in agonizing pain.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!
    Congratulations on the losses. You all are doing so good. I did weigh and it was a loss from the beginning of the week
    but I forgot to write it down and TOM has since arrive. So I am not weighing right now - I know it will be a gain yes a water gain
    but a gain. I am waiting and waiting for a phone that says my daughter - in - law is on her way to hospital to deliver. She is dialated and miserable. Needless to so I am over anxious and nervously waiting. I am mindfully watching what I eat though due to this situation. I am already a Granny to 4 but they do live 1604 miles away from me in Montana. This one will be 10 miles from me.

Yay!!!!!... Congrads granny. That's going to be exciting to have a grand baby that close to you. Keep us updated!!!!!
  • guidosgal
    Options
    Good Morning Girls!

How wonderful Congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I got back on the exercise band wagon today and did week 3 of C25K training plus went outside snow shoeing for 40 min (it's a great workout).

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • manda1111
    Options
    Hey sorry I missed the weigh in it was my hubbies birthday on Saturday and Friday I got swamped with Christmas lists and to-do's. All in all not bad though I didn't gain or loose so I'm holding steady. I have gotten out of the habit of logging food and I know that is why I'm not making as much head way as I should. But this is the last week for choir for the season until after new years so that will help.

I'm going to try and be really focused this week and pay attention to what I'm eating and doing. It is so hard with birthday cake and cookies in the house usually thouse things would be gone but what can you do? Work on self control. I hope you have a great week.
  • manda1111
    Options
    Hey sorry I missed the weigh in it was my hubbies birthday on Saturday and Friday I got swamped with Christmas lists and to-do's. All in all not bad though I didn't gain or loose so I'm holding steady. I have gotten out of the habit of logging food and I know that is why I'm not making as much head way as I should. But this is the last week for choir for the season until after new years so that will help.

I'm going to try and be really focused this week and pay attention to what I'm eating and doing. It is so hard with birthday cake and cookies in the house usually thouse things would be gone but what can you do? Work on self control. I hope you have a great week.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hi. The next few weeks are going to be busy and stressful but I am going to try hard to stay on track. I am at 143 now and my goal is 140 by new years.

191371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I love the name of this group! that's exactly what you have to do to succeed- try hard EVERYDAY! not just on weekdays. and that's my biggest problem working hard monday to friday only to blow it all on the weekend.

thnx for having this group! I look forward to reading ur posts!
  • guidosgal
    Options
    Welcome to the group Nolachick I just joined a few weeks ago I have not gotton to know everyone yet but so far the girls have been very welcoming.. My name is Pam looking forward to getting to know you :bigsmile:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Welcome Nola Chick. I hope everyone is having a great week.

I am still so overly excited about the snow (now that it is finally here:bigsmile: ) The weather man is predicting a storm with lake effect snow so we could get another foot over next 3 days. I am done with clients early on Wed and Thurs so I hope to get out and snowshoe or cross country ski. I have to exercise this morning as tonight is my big shopping trip to the grocery store that has healthier food choices (it an hour away). I have to go look up my healthier choices for dinner food since I will be having to eat a a fast food restaurant.
  • nolachick
    Options
    thanks for the welcome ladies.

pam, what has ur weight loss journey been like? seems like u have made a lot of progress. btw I snuck a look at ur profile, lol I think it's so cute when u said ur married to a guido. funny cuz I've been watching that show on mtv "jersey shore" and thats all they talk about are guidos and guidettes.

pinbotchick, i'm been hearing a lot about sno shoing - whats that like?
  • guidosgal
    Options
    Hi NolaChick ,
    My weightloss journey Started at the end of May this year. I caught a bug and was ill for 3 weeks (I lost 8 pounds) it made me think that maybe my body was tell me that it needed to be healthy. I started playing on this site. I started at 1200 cals but after 3 weeks nothing came off. Then in playing with my BMI levels I figured out that 1430 worked really well for me. I just stay within that range (its not hard to do) I allow myself treats I just budget it in the days allowance ( yoplait chocolate raspberry delites are one of my favs) I still eat regular food too I just watch the portion size (I use a 1/2 cup cookie scoop to measure with its so easy) I am not a big exercise person. (frankly no time) but I do use WII fit and WII fit plus about 2 to 3 times per week. I loss 1 to 2 pounds a week. I have hit a wall a couple times were for 2 weeks nothing came off. but I just kept plugging along. One thing I have done is when I go out to eat or like on Thanksgiving I set my meals for the day to mantanaice calories 1860 ( it allows you to have alittle more (and by more I guess I mean not bigger servings but a glass of wine or lets say a small portion of that sweet potato pie. By staying in the mantanaince range I did not gain anything for that day and it was easy to drop back down to the 1430. I guess for me the trick is mind over matter. So far for me the journey has been pretty smooth. :smile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Welcome NolaChick. This group is pretty awesome. I can't stay long, I have to get dressed for work which takes forever now... I wear like 4 layers of sleeved clothing and two layers of pants including my carhartt bibs... it's cold outside and working outside can suck lol. But, I can't wait to get it over with because I have chili in the crock pot for when I get home lol...

I've finally hit my half way mark. I didn't weigh in this past week because I was so busy at work... but I'm hoping to this week. I've started doing my crunches again, but it's really irritating my stomach with my IBS issues so it's a set back.

But that's it for now... gotta get going.

We sure are missing a few people on here....
  • nolachick
    Options
    Hi NolaChick ,
    My weightloss journey Started at the end of May this year. I caught a bug and was ill for 3 weeks (I lost 8 pounds) it made me think that maybe my body was tell me that it needed to be healthy. I started playing on this site. I started at 1200 cals but after 3 weeks nothing came off. Then in playing with my BMI levels I figured out that 1430 worked really well for me. I just stay within that range (its not hard to do) I allow myself treats I just budget it in the days allowance ( yoplait chocolate raspberry delites are one of my favs) I still eat regular food too I just watch the portion size (I use a 1/2 cup cookie scoop to measure with its so easy) I am not a big exercise person. (frankly no time) but I do use WII fit and WII fit plus about 2 to 3 times per week. I loss 1 to 2 pounds a week. I have hit a wall a couple times were for 2 weeks nothing came off. but I just kept plugging along. One thing I have done is when I go out to eat or like on Thanksgiving I set my meals for the day to mantanaice calories 1860 ( it allows you to have alittle more (and by more I guess I mean not bigger servings but a glass of wine or lets say a small portion of that sweet potato pie. By staying in the mantanaince range I did not gain anything for that day and it was easy to drop back down to the 1430. I guess for me the trick is mind over matter. So far for me the journey has been pretty smooth. :smile:

thnx for sharing, I'm glad u found what works for you. Well I have been wanting to lose weight for the past year - first for my graduation in May then for my bday in July, but I never really committed. In September I saw some pics of myself that really opened my eyes, I thought I looked the same as before without realizing how bad I really looked and how much it was affecting my confidence. I started bootcamp the first month, which worked great I lost 7lbs in one month but it was $110/month and I couldnt afford that so I tried out the gym for a couple weeks but didnt like it that much plus I fell of the wagon for a bit. I got serious again and bought turbo jam DVDs and since then I have lost 5lbs more. I am very happy with my progress this far but I think I have a long way to to. I am currently 178 and my short term goal is 170 but my long term goal is 150. I do eat what I want like u said I cant give up a lot of stuff. However I have found that a lot of the foods I used to like are now kinda gross when I think about everything that's in it. haha THNX MFP!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hi NolaChick ,

thnx for sharing, I'm glad u found what works for you. Well I have been wanting to lose weight for the past year - first for my graduation in May then for my bday in July, but I never really committed. In September I saw some pics of myself that really opened my eyes, I thought I looked the same as before without realizing how bad I really looked and how much it was affecting my confidence. I started bootcamp the first month, which worked great I lost 7lbs in one month but it was $110/month and I couldnt afford that so I tried out the gym for a couple weeks but didnt like it that much plus I fell of the wagon for a bit. I got serious again and bought turbo jam DVDs and since then I have lost 5lbs more. I am very happy with my progress this far but I think I have a long way to to. I am currently 178 and my short term goal is 170 but my long term goal is 150. I do eat what I want like u said I cant give up a lot of stuff. However I have found that a lot of the foods I used to like are now kinda gross when I think about everything that's in it. haha THNX MFP!

Pictures are a huge eye opener. That's what got me going. I hated how I looked. I was ashamed. I had always been so skinny growing up and in my mind I still was. I always thought myself as being at 150... well I was about 20 pounds off. But in my mind I was 150... I had to learn how to retrain my mind. I also learned that my mind was telling me when I was full. I wasn't listening to my body. I eat what I want, but I've learned to control the portion sizes and stop when I feel full. I've been doing this for a few months now, and I've come to realize that I've not only retrained my mind, but I've retrained my stomach. I eat the serving size and that's about all my stomach can handle now. I think about how much I use to eat, and it makes me want to throw up. I have severe acid reflux and IBS. I've learned to make healthier choices because of that also. I also walk for a living. My job requires constant walking, I don't sit down at all. So that has helped me also. Just those two things alone have helped me do something that I've tried for several years to do, but in the time span of a few months. I also allow myself my cheat days here and there. I'm not giving up everything good for this, because I know I'll miss it and fall off the wagon big time and I'm not setting myself up for failure. But like you, I've tried to do it several times and was never committed enough. I thought oh this is it... every time lol. But once I saw those pics I knew something had to be done. I tried the gym thing and it wasn't for me. So the little things are working better. I changed things like white bread to wheat. I buy light items, and fat free items, low calorie items, went from vitamin d milk to skim milk. Just things like that helped me big time.

Good luck on your journey.