Protein bars?? Help

Options
2»

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Why do so many people want to drink calories while on a calorie deficit?

I do it occasionally because it's easier and I tend to comply more. If I have dozens of choices, I tend to overindulge. To create a calorie deficit I can't eat that much and a couple of poor choices will put me over my limit.

I like Clif and Gnu bars, but I tend to gobble them up.

I should make it clear that lean, healthy protein from meat is the best choice, but I know I won't take the time to shop, measure and prepare it three times a day. I'm willing to do it once, at night. It's a matter of what works.
  • Jeffsimpson
    Options

Drink calories, eat calories, they are all calories in the end. The main thing to is that you "feel" full when on a deficit.

Protein bars can be expensive considering what you are getting. In lieu of buying protein bars, you can easily make your own using protein powder as the base. Google 'protein bar recipes' and you'll find quite a few, look for one that has ingredients yo can locally get and save yourself some money.
  • FootballManaic
    Options
    Protein Plus is great.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Because sometimes I just can't bear the thought of consuming another chicken breast or an egg when I'm just not that hungry. Whey protein with almond milk gives me the added protein without feeling like I'm stuffed.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I guess as someone who will eat 200+ protein in a day with no powder, I just can't relate ;) Why are people so full if they are on a deficit?