Potato Chip Laxatives? O.O

Options
Okay, so potato chips/anything crunchy and greasy used to be my favorite snacks. Yesterday for the first time in... probably over a year, I had potato chips to curb an insane salt craving. Not a lot either - just the crumbs at the bottom of DH's bowl, maybe equal to 2 chips total. It wasn't at all satisfying - it felt like there was so much grease, it was just melting in my mouth.

Well, this morning I woke up and almost didn't make it to the restroom due to what I think was a laxative effect of the potato chip. Is that possible? I had maybe a 20th of an ounce, but it really messed my system up. I just haven't deviated at all from my normal routine other than that. I also don't do cheat days - I don't feel the desire.

So... excess grease = laxative?? Or is it something else? :huh:

Replies

• yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    It's happened to me too! If I eat anything that's high in fat/grease, I get a stomachache and feel really yucky... that's enough for me to stay away from that junk!
  • a00link
    Options
    I don't know about your original question but I do know that a chemical used in the "Reduced Fat" Pringles can certainly have a laxative effect if you eat too many of them.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    it happens with me and restaurant chinese food all the time, cause you KNOW that crap has all sorts of grease in it.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I completely understand!

For the most part, I've cut fast food out of my diet. On those rare occassions I eat something (even a small cheeseburger or a couple of my husband's fries if I get a salad), I'm on the toilet within hours. I also get terrible gut pains and gas! I tell you, I do NOT miss fast food! Which is weird, because I used to crave it. Chips are the same way, anything greasy, actually.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Does anybody watch or have watched Naughty Kitchen on Oxygen imagine what all that ludicrously fattening food will do to you, wow insane, it goes to show you have truly made it a lifestyle no more an option unless you want to get really sick or have to take a while to be able to eat like again which is not good in any light. Congratulations to everyone who has a no junk food policy by maturity in life or by design as in a life style change for the betterment of really everything in one's life. Congrats MFP'ers.:smile:

Jason