Fiber, gas, weight gain...Kashi to blame??

Options
2»

Replies

• erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean has soy protein and they use GMO soy.
    I would highly recommend cutting it out of your diet.
  • rschwabe1
    rschwabe1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Kashi=Bloat and fart city. Just saying ;-)
  • jpalmettoguy
    jpalmettoguy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My roommate and I had to quit eating Kashi bc of the gas/bloatedness. I also can't eat Fiber One bars due to the same reason. Also, like you, when I am bloated/gassy I tend to weigh 1 to 2 lbs more....
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Kashi=Bloat and fart city. Just saying ;-)

I have to know what you were searching when you brought this 2 year old thread back to life. Farts or gas? Come on, fess up!
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Kashi Go Lean Crunch for awhile and that definitely bloats me a bit unless I eat it every day. It's kind of a "fiber bomb" for me, like I had it last night for dinner because I was lazy, but then this morning I was releasing the hounds all over the place when I got out of bed.

If you do it every day your body gets used to it quicker and it goes away, but if you just do it every now and then expect some gas. As for your weight, I'd say it's probably salt. Drink more water throughout the day for a week and see if your weight drops after 1-2 weeks.
  • rschwabe1
    Options
    We are all humans correct? Well I was curious why I gained three pounds from two successive days of eating that garbage. My normal breakfasts are low in sugar and medium carb/high protein. Lets just say my weight has stayed the same thus far, and I have had three meals already. Feel like a rocket ship. Anyways if you can tolerate it, then Im sure its good in your diet. But if you eat like a 90/10 diet like me, I doubt that stuff is going to sit right. And yes I started typing in Kashi cereal into google, and it sparked "bloating", "gas" to pop up. Gotta love it!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    We are all humans correct? Well I was curious why I gained three pounds from two successive days of eating that garbage. My normal breakfasts are low in sugar and medium carb/high protein. Lets just say my weight has stayed the same thus far, and I have had three meals already. Feel like a rocket ship. Anyways if you can tolerate it, then Im sure its good in your diet. But if you eat like a 90/10 diet like me, I doubt that stuff is going to sit right. And yes I started typing in Kashi cereal into google, and it sparked "bloating", "gas" to pop up. Gotta love it!!

Thank you! I was just curious, because I've seen some old fart threads pop up, so I was wondering if someone was just bored and thinks farts are funny (as I do), or if it was just about gas. :smile:
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!! Foods with added inulin to increase their fiber content make me so bloated and gassy it's not even funny. Not to mention constipated, unless I drink a ton of water.

Try this to decrease bloat and water retention too- make a fruit smoothie and add some grated fresh ginger, like 1-2 teaspoons. Frozen cherries with whatever liquid (I use unsweetened almond milk) are the best, because if you're constipated the cherries will help unload you. But really, any fruit with juice or milk/milk alternatives is fine. Just get the ginger in there. I've heard peppermint helps too, but I can never find the fresh leaves. You should be a couple of pounds lighter tomorrow if you have 1-2 of those today. They don't have to be huge.
  • rschwabe1
    Options
    Its twisted that they can get away with calling it a "healthy food". Darn me for diverting from my outer track grocery list!!!