Quit smoking and lose weight?

Options
Hello everyone! I quit smoking on August the 7th, 2012! Yay me! I have gained weight since I quit. I was already overweight and now its worse. I have to turn it around and start losing. I just found this site and I'm excited to be here. I will have to start with baby steps because I haven't been exorcising at all. So, today I plan to walk on my treadmill. Wish me luck. Jipsymuse

Replies

• FitnessPal4L1f3
    FitnessPal4L1f3 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I too understand what is going on - I quit smoking - tobaco free since 22 Nov 2011 - I did gain weight. Add me as a friend - I would like to offer support as needed,
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Trust me the quit is more important then the weight. Yay you and congrats, I hit my 1 year smoke free on Aug 28th this year best decision I ever made. I gained 20 pounds during my quit but I have since lost that 20 so its trivial. Best of luck
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Quitting smoking is a HUGE step towards getting healthier. The once piece of advice I would give is to log EVERYTHING on this site that you consume. That makes a big difference in the chances for success, and is one of the best tools this site offers.
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I was once a smoker. I gave myself a year of not smoking before I tackled the little bit of weight I put on. Be easy on yourself - sometimes trying to do a lot at once hinders progress! I know you can do it though!! I am so glad cigarettes are out of my life FINALLY!!! Congrats to you!! When you want one, work out instead!
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Trust me the quit is more important then the weight. Yay you and congrats, I hit my 1 year smoke free on Aug 28th this year best decision I ever made. I gained 20 pounds during my quit but I have since lost that 20 so its trivial. Best of luck

^^^ yes yes yes and congrats! I am at a little over 1.5 years!