Ladies- pants!

trophywife24
trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
I don't wear a lot of pants/shorts in the summer, I'm more of the summer dress type. It'll still be warm enough for that here until mid-October or so but I've been trying on jeans in stores to try to get a feel for what I like in my size. However, I've noticed that they're all sort of like jeggings because they are SO stretchy, all of them.

What's a good brand of jeans that are both reasonably priced and not 99% spandex? I like a little stretch but pants like that look good for about an hour and then I have total saggy pants, I hate that. Jeans aren't my friend anyway, I have a small waist and big butt.

Replies

• kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    It's hard to find jeans that don't have spandex in them nowadays. The Gap, Old Navy, and some other places like American Eagle all have nicely made jeans with only 1% spandex.

I'd avoid any places like Walmart or Target though. The prices must be reasonable, but they tend to have more spandex and stretch out too much. I've got a pair from Walmart that fall off my butt in an hour.
  • I would highly suggest Maurices, their brand of pants are really great and they aren't really stretchy. And if you hit them just right you can get buy one get one half off, thus two pair of jeans for about $50. Good luck and Congrats on your new body!! :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    American Eagle has reasonably priced jeans that are nice. Also, if you're not opposed to wearing gently used, I love plato's closet for bargain designer jeans like seven and citizens.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I'm English, so we have different shops, but I think Diesel jeans are pretty good. Levis too.

My jeans are from a shop called Oasis, but I don't think you have that in the US.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    oh no, I'm not opposed to resale shops at all, they've kept me dressed inbetween sizes. :)

Thanks for all of the suggestions, a lot of people have suggested AE here and elsewhere. I haven't been in an AE store since high school, I'll have to check them out!
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    In the US, Lee jeans purchased in the women's department often have a more "womanly" cut--smaller waist w/ bigger butt and thighs. Do you have Chico's stores near you? They tend to offer clothing for women rather than willowy teens. Another similar store is "Coldwater Creek"
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    I've love DKNY ... I have a big butt & thighs but these fit great!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    My go to fans are NYDJ and Ralph Lauren Jeans.. both of which go on sale at Macy's, Dillards and Nordstrums… I have tried them on and then stalk the sales and use coupons to get them for as low as $19.99 over the years….
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    I love Joe jeans
  • I buy almost all my jeans at NEXT. It is from the UK I guess, not sure you have it in the US. But is totally worth trying to get them online.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I don't pay attention to brand, but the heavier weight the denim is, the better they'll hold up. If they're as thin as a chambray shirt and stretchy... they're going to look like poop in an hour.
  • My daughter and I have found stylish jeans at Ross. I have gotten Calvins and DKNY there. The quality is top notch.
    Good Luck!!!!!!!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    My all time favorite pair of jeans are GAP, they're not stretchy like jeggings, but have a tiny bit of give. They're the curvy fit kind, so the thighs are bigger while the waist is smaller. They're the only pair of jeans I've ever owned that I don't have to wear a belt with because I had to buy a bigger size to fit my thighs. They were around $60 when I got them, so not too bad. Plus I've had them for 2 years and other than the bottom that I walk on they're still in great condition.